P.metallica sexing question

Kimo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I put this picture in sexing part of the forum but didn't get any answer. Due to emergency assistance of experienced folks here I am putting one here also. Hope you wont mind and that some can tell me the gender.

Spider is around 7cm lagspan mark:

This one is not helping much I know :)

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
P metallica is very difficult to sex dorsally. But the other picture you post of her ventrally, could you make one so we can see it clearly?

Like this; (just an example, and taken from my own collection))

It would be guesswork if we named a sexed from that picture.

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I put this picture in sexing part of the forum but didn't get any answer. Due to emergency assistance of experienced folks here I am putting one here also. Hope you wont mind and that some can tell me the gender.

Spider is around 7cm lagspan mark:

This one is not helping much I know :)

Looks like a male

BCscorp

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It would be better if the ventral pic was more direct. But if you held a gun to my head I would GUESS female due to what I think I see as a fairly pronounced furrow.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I am not sre on this one. It looks like a pronounced furrow. But on the other hand i see a light colored triangle. Its a 50/50 for me.

AudreyElizabeth

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Looks female to me too. I think the triangle folks are seeing is just from the camera flash. A better shot would help though.

brachybaum

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
P metallica is very difficult to sex dorsally. But the other picture you post of her ventrally, could you make one so we can see it clearly?

Like this; (just an example, and taken from my own collection))

It would be guesswork if we named a sexed from that picture.
I see Female written all over this picture.

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
Well, I am rather new to this, but I would go with male... From what I have gathered most of the pokies can be sexed by their markings on the abdomen and carapace. I'm sure everyone knows about that way of course, but im my large amount of research packed into a few months, it's been completely accurate. I say male because the abdomen does not have just the white line down the center, but also has one inside of it, which would hint towards male. ( Sorry if there is a term for the marking all you old timers out there ) :)

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Well, I am rather new to this, but I would go with male... From what I have gathered most of the pokies can be sexed by their markings on the abdomen and carapace. I'm sure everyone knows about that way of course, but im my large amount of research packed into a few months, it's been completely accurate. I say male because the abdomen does not have just the white line down the center, but also has one inside of it, which would hint towards male. ( Sorry if there is a term for the marking all you old timers out there ) :)
Apparently, dorsal sexing of metallicas isn't that easy, which is why everyone is requesting a better ventral shot.