micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Lovely little Slings Rob!

Too bad about the losses.... Wonder what happened. :(
Keep trying!

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
Dang man, I was really looking forward to buying two of these little guys :( Hopefully the next sac will have over 120 pieces of GOLD :D

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Darn, I was looking forward to them too :( Like you said, there's always next time!

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Darn, I was looking forward to them too :( Like you said, there's always next time!
It sucks, but the P. mirandas just molted into 2nd instars...have to wait for one more molt on these to LOL!! They are the same as Metallica.....3rd instar and they begin eating.

Spyder 1.0

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This could be an effect of inbreeding(accumulation of deleterious alleles), seeing as very few were initially wild caught for proliferation in the trade. Interesting but very very sad if it is the case.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
This could be an effect of inbreeding(accumulation of deleterious alleles), seeing as very few were initially wild caught for proliferation in the trade. Interesting but very very sad if it is the case.
That would be bad, I think the sac was just unhealthy, they had a lot of crust on them, a few where eggs with legs but the crust like substance kept them from emerging.

Big_nito

TRISKELION
Old Timer
Rob do u know any posdible reason why it happened? Is it strictly a P. Metallica thing?

Spyder 1.0

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't think anyone can confidently answer that question^

it would be interesting to test the heterozygosity index of 20 or so of the offspring. (I could but they have probably gone bad by now)

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I don't think anyone can confidently answer that question^

it would be interesting to test the heterozygosity index of 20 or so of the offspring. (I could but they have probably gone bad by now)
Actually they are not bad...they haven't decomposed. I think maybe my temps where a bit high...but every other pokie sac I have had did great at these temps. I noticed they6 had a hard time molting....they would then (after molting) turn over spread there legs and just die? some would just be fine then just die??

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
P. miranda sac/sling update

Well The P. mirandas molted into 2nd instars and not one was lost from a molt.....very healthy little slings...or lucky LOL!!

[youtube]sgItgoGRnGE[/youtube]

Pics:

LirvA

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sorry to hear about your slings Rob. I bet you lost quite a bit of money with them all dying. Major bummer dude :/