P. Metallica or P. Subfusca?..

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
To The people are saying P. Metallica is over-rated...UM WHAT! how is it over rated its a very Beautiful tarantula, the colors and patterns are substantially AMAZING. and if you dont think so then you fail I'm sorry. Not over rated...just VERY popular for their BEAUTY!

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
To The people are saying P. Metallica is over-rated...UM WHAT! how is it over rated its a very Beautiful tarantula, the colors and patterns are substantially AMAZING. and if you dont think so then you fail I'm sorry. Not over rated...just VERY popular for their BEAUTY!
They're just a bunch of haters.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes they are very beautiful spiders, but that doesn't mean they aren't overrated.

Subfusca look better. ;P

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yes they are very beautiful spiders, but that doesn't mean they aren't overrated.

Subfusca look better. ;P
....Ok well who cares if they are overrated.....they are a beautiful spider and "IMO" looks better then they Subfusca, but im new to the hobby so "MO" doesnt matter too much, i am just more attracted to the P. metallica.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i second this...although i plan on owning both of them later down the road...the metallicas are def overrated and priced...wow its blue....my H. vonworthi is prettier than that and hes about 2- 2 1/2 inches, and theres alot of overpriced tarantulas out there that are easy to get, plain old black or bluish colored or whatever it might be, and people want like $300-$600

I'd go subfusca... metallica = Overrated and overpriced.

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i'm more of a fan of the aesthetics of P. subfusca, but i agree you'd have to be blind to not understand why people get all drooly over metallica. (lol, the blue and yellow combo makes me think of the old x-men uniforms in the saturday morning cartoon :p)

They're just a bunch of haters.
haters gonna hate {D

Spidershane1

Arachnoknight
I don't think theres a pokie that I don't absolutley love. I don't try and put them into numerical order of which ones I like from best to least. They are all beautiful and they all look different, so thats the fun part for me.
Just get whichever one you can afford, you will be happy with any pokie that you get. Theres no such thing as a "bad" pokie.

Blurboy

Arachnopeon
In my opinion ALL pokies are amazing not only for their colours but their patterns too. I have both the subfusca and metallica and they are beautiful spiders to look at. My metallica has just shed and I removed her old shed and she's kept in a dark area of my room but as I moved her enclosure trying to remove the shed she just went mental and tried do a runner! I'm going to set a new home uo for her but I'll make sure it lets less light in as she's definitely sensitive to bright lights :cool:
My subfusca is just a sling but you can clearly see the patterns on it already so it's definitely one you must get as they are cheaper than the metallica's. As for the "blue" spider issue it's surely because spiders are meant to be brown - that's how most people outside our hobby see them and to see a stunning blue spider almost makes you think your looking at a toy!

phily1579

Arachnopeon
Get both of them. Since ur in cali, i would highly recomend Mr.paul becker, petcenterusa or ken the bug guy. U get from either them, ur guareanteed great t,s

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
How dare any of you out there say metallica is overrated after all she's been through?! -sniff-
She loves her roaches, she went through a bad molt, She had two sacs and they turned out to be -sniff- bad, and now she's going through this popularity contest!

All you people care about is colors and making money off her offspring...

Shes a TARANTULA!!!:(:wall: -wipes tears away-
What you don't realize is that metallica is making you all this money and all you do is write a bunch of crap about her! She hasn't even been seen out of her hide in years...-hic- Her name is "Gooty saphire ornamental" for a reason, because all you people want is BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE!!!

LEAVE HER ALOOOOOONE!!! :(
-wipes away tears-
You're lucky she's even available in the hobby!!!

LEAVE GOOTY ALOOOONE!!!!

Also, get whichever you find a good deal for first. They're great spiders, and you will probably end up getting both eventually anyway.

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Subfusca vs Metallica, always a personal preference decision. I don't necessarily think one is better than the other, but I do like subfusca a lot, I will say...

Here's how I see it:
P metallica - average $175 per sling
P subfusca - average $75 per sling
P striata or P regalis - average $15-$20 per sling

IMO, go with the cheapest pokie for your first. Would you rather spend a lot, and then have an accident and it die, or spend a little so that way you will not be out of all the money and still have your experience points too?

RoseT

Arachnosquire
I see...well id like to think my p irminia as my "first pokie" even though she's not, but I've heard they act similar. I've transferred her twice w no prob, so Id like to think of that as having a bit of experience, if I can?...