P. metallica male

SpidersHurt

Arachnopeon
My P. metallica male is one molt away from maturity. However, my female is only 3.5 inches and still has some time to mature. Will the male have time to wait around for her?

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My P. metallica male is one molt away from maturity. However, my female is only 3.5 inches and still has some time to mature. Will the male have time to wait around for her?
I was told (unless i read it wrong on here lol) mature males after their mature molt live about 1 - 2yrs after sometimes 3. so yes he has a little time....probably on her next molt she should be fine. then if I'm correct after she molts, you are suppose to make sure she is well fed, then you wait for him to make a sperm web then you try breeding...

Sound right to the experience folk?

david goldsboro

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
mature male pokies only live for around 1 year from when they mature if your female is 3.5 inch she will need to moult at least 2-3 more times before she is ready to breed my first mated female was 5 inch when she produced her sac mated at 15 months old , yor male could be around for your female if you slow the males food down drop his temperature and feed your female as much as she will take keep her temps around 28-29degrees this will speed her up , good luck