P. metallica hybrids?

Czech prime

Arachnoknight
Before i even start. I in no way support hybridization nor do i want to see it happening at all.
I am just curious
Has anyone seen any Poecilotheria hybrids that had metallicas involved? And what the result looked like?

Christian Jocson

Arachnopeon
Careful. It's a touchy subject. If you search there's actually a lot of threads on poecilotheria hybrids and the species of them that have been involved with hybridization. Faciata or Vitatta and Regals is one that comes to mind.

As far as I know there haven't been any involving the p.metallica. From what I understand, they're hard enough to breed with other p.metallicas as it is lol. Plus, I'm not sure if anyone would be risking to lose a p.metallica in some strange "experiment."

Although, the imagination of what a p.metallica hybrid would look like may seem fascinating, it's just not worth it. What I think about all the time with poecilotherias is how cool it would be to see a video of a p.metallica in the wild. Also apparently some poecilotherias have different forms. Metallica dark form and p.ornata blue form

gypsy cola

Arachnoknight
Although, the imagination of what a p.metallica hybrid would look like may seem fascinating, it's just not worth it. What I think about all the time with poecilotherias is how cool it would be to see a video of a p.metallica in the wild. Also apparently some poecilotherias have different forms. Metallica dark form and p.ornata blue form
Dark form P.metallica is just an aged P.metallica. Some get darker than others though

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Careful. It's a touchy subject. If you search there's actually a lot of threads on poecilotheria hybrids and the species of them that have been involved with hybridization. Faciata or Vitatta and Regals is one that comes to mind.

As far as I know there haven't been any involving the p.metallica. From what I understand, they're hard enough to breed with other p.metallicas as it is lol. Plus, I'm not sure if anyone would be risking to lose a p.metallica in some strange "experiment."

Metallica dark form occurs in old specimens. I've never heard of a blue form ornata however

Christian Jocson

Arachnopeon
Dark form P.metallica is just an aged P.metallica. Some get darker than others though
Metallica dark form occurs in old specimens. I've never heard of a blue form ornata however
That's what I always though myself, but I've talked with some people who swear up and down that they have p.metallicas dark as juviniles. I've personally seen light and dark older adult female metallicas.

Back to the hybridization, someone here actually sold a subfusca high/lowland mix in the classifieds. I remember her saying it was an adult female 6"+ and she would only sell if no one had the intent of breeding. It was sold in less than a couple hours for $120

Trenor

Arachnoprince
That's what I always though myself, but I've talked with some people who swear up and down that they have p.metallicas dark as juviniles. I've personally seen light and dark older adult female metallicas.
This is more a light issue. If I put on the daylight soft box when shooting my P.met it looks awesome blue/purple. If I use the room light it's much darker in appearance. I took photos several ways one day on my P.met and most people would believe they were from different Ts.

It's not just P.mets though. You can do the same with just about any T. Give it a different light and it looks a totally different.

Czech prime

Arachnoknight

Exactly. I have seen other Poecilotheria hybrids but never with a metallica and was judt curious if someone had seen any

Christian Jocson

Arachnopeon
Exactly. I have seen other Poecilotheria hybrids but never with a metallica and was judt curious if someone had seen any
Deep down, I'd like to see a hybrid myself. Just because It'd be interesting to see how the blue coloration mixes with let's say an rufilata. But in the long run it would be a shame to dilute the bloodline of the p.metallica as there is truly no other T like it

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
With the upcoming new laws on Poecilotheria species in the US, people would be really foolish to try hybridizing within this genus. But those same laws seem to exclude hobby specimens because they already assume the lines are not pure anyway anymore, which could indicate that the people/organizations have encountered hybrids.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
But in the long run it would be a shame to dilute the bloodline of the p.metallica as there is truly no other T like it
This seems like the rose colored glasses effect man. They are pretty but IMO not the end all be all of Ts. The look coupled with hype and a bigger price tag makes a lot of new keepers go for them like they do M.balfouri and H.pulchripes Ts. Everyone wants the purple OMG T. Including me. :D

That being said I'd prefer if none of the species get crossed because for a lot of them there will be no more pure ones coming from the wild.