P Metallica failed molt?! When to step in

Irithyllian

Arachnosquire
Before I start I want to say I am in no rush to jump in and try and help my spider molt. I’m only concerned because I know a spider who needs help molting is most likely going to die and if not, does need action sooner than later.
I have 4 P Metallica all slings, however my largest has begun to molt again, however it’s legs and body placement look abnormal and it hasn’t moved even slightly for over an hour. What are the options to help a T who might need help molting and when should it be done?

I’m posting a picture of it to try and see your guys opinions. Sorry for semi iffy quality, I don’t want to even move the enclosure since they are skittish and bolt and I don’t want to disturb it.

Attachments

Irithyllian

Arachnosquire
Has it popped the carapace?
Yeah, right now it’s new carapace and half of it’s abdomen are out, but not even a portion of it’s legs are, not to mention it’s in a very weird position in the enclosure to molt.

Irithyllian

Arachnosquire
I just got to work, if I get home and it’s still in the same position it’ll not have moved in 24+ hours

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
tough call, some spiders take a long time to molt though. Plenty of threads here about this very issue

Polenth

Arachnobaron
No progress in 24 hours would suggest they're stuck. Don't wait for someone on the forum to tell you to go for it... you can see if there's any progress being made and if they're starting to harden, so make the call.

Irithyllian

Arachnosquire
No progress in 24 hours would suggest they're stuck. Don't wait for someone on the forum to tell you to go for it... you can see if there's any progress being made and if they're starting to harden, so make the call.
Tonight when I get home I’ll do something if it’s not made any progress, how do I help get them out? I heard a wet paintbrush and slowly sweep it down?

Polenth

Arachnobaron
Tonight when I get home I’ll do something if it’s not made any progress, how do I help get them out? I heard a wet paintbrush and slowly sweep it down?

Irithyllian

Arachnosquire
Thank you for that, when I finally get out of this cesspool called my job I’ll go and try my best, though I’m hoping it’s okay..

Irithyllian

Arachnosquire
Thank you again. That thread was a huge help, I just did it. Fangs were the last thing to come off...lost one leg. I hope it survives. Doesn’t look like it’s in good shape didn’t move at all during and still looks like a wet noodle..

Attachments

HeavyMetalTarantula

Arachnopeon
Thank you again. That thread was a huge help, I just did it. Fangs were the last thing to come off...lost one leg. I hope it survives. Doesn’t look like it’s in good shape didn’t move at all during and still looks like a wet noodle..
Well did it progress at all?