P METALLICA enclosure

cactus683

Arachnopeon
Hello all,quick question is that too much cork bark for a p Metallica enclosure,I'm setting it up similar to my versicolor which I've had complete success with.

Attachments

Neonblizzard

Arachnomoron

Check this thread, the reaper has already answered this

Wolfram1

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Its not about the amount but the protection it offers, none of your cork pieces seem particulary attraltive as a hiding place to me, so i expext the spider will squeeze itself behind one of them and stay there. They are pretty adaptive so in time they will acclimate and make themselves a webcurtain in the corner it feels most secure in.

Still i expect it to take a while longer to acclimate than if it had a cork tube or half tube at an 45° angle leaned into one of the corners. It will most likely choose the darkest corner and might even burrow a little to escape the light.

i personally dont like to use fake plants but they can help in making it feel a little more secure as well if you choose to add them.

if you cant give it a more suitable hide, it will make do but i would leave them all in and maybe even arrange them all in one corner to make that one darker so it can feel more secure.

how big is the spider? and how big is the enclosure?

cactus683

Arachnopeon
Its not about the amount but the protection it offers, none of your cork pieces seem particulary attraltive as a hiding place to me, so i expext the spider will squeeze itself behind one of them and stay there. They are pretty adaptive so in time they will acclimate and make themselves a webcurtain in the corner it feels most secure in.

Still i expect it to take a while longer to acclimate than if it had a cork tube or half tube at an 45° angle leaned into one of the corners. It will most likely choose the darkest corner and might even burrow a little to escape the light.

i personally dont like to use fake plants but they can help in making it feel a little more secure as well if you choose to add them.

if you cant give it a more suitable hide, it will make do but i would leave them all in and maybe even arrange them all in one corner to make that one darker so it can feel more secure.

how big is the spider? and how big is the enclosure?
It's 4 wide 7 tall,1 1/2 inch breeder is saying,I will secure a better corner and leave one piece on the other side and see where it decides to go as long as I have good access for feeding.I just moved my versicolor out if it into a tarantula crib,it's gotten big lol.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hello all,quick question is that too much cork bark for a p Metallica enclosure,I'm setting it up similar to my versicolor which I've had complete success with.
who knows without the size of your T !!!