P. Metallica Enclosure

Adra

Arachnopeon
Hi, I'm a beginner at this new hobby and I was gifted a P. Metallica for my birthday (I was hoping and saving up my birthday money to get a beginner species but my parents decided they wanted to buy one for me, and yes, I'm aware this species needs experience, I'm just taking what was given and looking to buy a few beginner slings/juvies).

Anyways, I was hoping you guys could review on what I need inside my enclosure, what it's lacking and so on.

That’s is all you should ever do with it, it’s a visual pet, not a handleable one. Do not handle that Poecilotheria Metallica especially or any T for that matter. There’s no reason to take it out unless you are rehousing. And also don’t mess with it with that straw. Just leave it be, and sit back, watch and enjoy.

You should also make a thread in Vivariums and Terrariums and post a picture of your set up, so members can make sure it is all set up correctly. Not saying you didn’t put efffort into it, but often times new people to the hobby miss the mark on 100% properly set up.
Smotzer encouranged me to do this, incase I did something wrong with my setup and I hope you guys can give me some guidance for this and future enclosures.

1621029774697.png 1621029797705.png 1621029810480.png
(1. There is a water dish in there and the bottom ventilation of the lid is sealed with a plastic layer, I had to make do what was given and available. 2. I haven't had the chance of drilling holes into the left and right side of the enclosure of fear that it might crack the acrylic enclosure. 3. I did a poor job trying to create the background but I tried.)

Every suggestion is very welcomed,

Thank you :D

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
They bought you a P met? What parents do that? That’s not good at all.

Setup needs way more cage furniture- too sparse

Check pictures of setups

xXTristinaXx

Arachnobaron

Check pictures of setups
Weeellllll imma kid and I got a P Murinus but yeah, gonna agree on a P Metallica for a beginners tarantula is kinda a bad idea

Adra

Arachnopeon

Check pictures of setups
I mean, I think theyre as new to this as I am, so they just got whatever was interesting for them? but Ill try adding more barks for it to hide.

Thanks for the input.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I mean, I think theyre as new to this as I am, so they just got whatever was interesting for them? but Ill try adding more barks for it to hide.

Thanks for the input.
I see now. I saw a father about to do that at a show, I explained his choice puts grown men in hospitals- documented in medical literature

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +

Replace the parts in there that says humid/humidity with moist/moisture

Adra

Arachnopeon

Replace the parts in there that says humid/humidity with moist/moisture
In regard to this, do I need to make more ventilation holes or is that fine for the time being? I don't want to stress my T out by catching in a cup and then drilling vent holes on the sides of the enclosure

Thank you

Adra

Arachnopeon
I recently updated my enclosure, any new feedback? I added more cage furniture in places and added a hollowed stump for it's hiding/nesting area.

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-18 at 16.23.54 (4).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-05-18 at 16.23.54 (3).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-05-18 at 16.23.54 (2).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-05-18 at 16.23.54.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-05-18 at 16.23.53 (1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-05-18 at 16.23.53.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-05-17 at 23.19.36 (1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-05-17 at 23.19.36.jpeg