P. metallica discussion

spider_fan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This is, in my opinion at least, the most beautiful spider on the planet. I have only seen them for sale on one website, and they want $375 for 1 inch slings. I was wondering if anyone here has one, and what size it was when you got it and is now, and how much you paid for it.

Pyst

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
There's an abundance of information on them if you make use of the "Search" function. You might have to look through a few pages to find what you're looking for. There have been several P.metallica discussions in the past. Hope this helps.

spider_fan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I actually did search, but the only actual P. metallica topic was one about an eggsac of one, the rest of the topics only had a mention or two of the species.

spider_fan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks for the threads, they're not that old so I don't know why they aren't showing up in my searches. The title of my thread is a little misleading though, these are good for general P. metallica info, but I wanted to know who on the boards has one, it's size, and how much they paid for it, none of those threads serve the purpose this one does, the only one that has this info on it was for a single persons announcement.

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
oh well, i guess they are a bit cheaper in germany :)

i got mine as a nearly 1" sling for about 110$ (80€)... they seem to grow a bit slower than say, my ornata, but they still make a very good pace compared to brachys ;) .

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
doesnt todd gearheart have some 3'' for 350? michael jacobi was also selling some 2 - 3 inchers for like $250. u might want to check with them.
yeah michael jacobi has them for 250....and for a 2-3 incher...that aint bad!

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
You mentioned Arachnophiliacs, does that mean you are from Canada? They are more expensive in Canada than pretty much anywhere else. It really depends on where you're from as to what prices you can expect.

I have two, (had three, sold one) one was under an inch when I bought it, the other was about an inch. Now the larger one is about an inch and a half, and the smaller is maybe an inch and a quarter. I have found them to be as slow growing as my brachys. I got them for a good deal, not what you'd pay from a dealer around here.

Last edited:

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
really? currently, i have only b. vagans and albopilosum slings, but they grow quite a bit slower than the p. metallica...

spider_fan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nope I'm not from Canada, it's just that out of all the T. price lists I've checked out, they're the only ones that had them.

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'll be verey careful, I herd peeps pay big money fer sum real desirble T's, cherish em, grow em, and they grow in to sumting what ther not to be sold as,
Big bumber! :eek:

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Well that's just my own experience, but neither of mine have moulted for a very long time. The larger one I got last summer has only moulted once since I bought it. A very long time for a pokie. The smaller one has not eaten in months and months let alone moulted. I've lost track of exactly how long. Every day I check on it to see if it's moulted and nothing. Stupid bug.

Maybe they aren't quite as slow as the brachys, but it sure seems that way!:)

bushbuster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The prices on these seem a bit ridiculous, kinda like when the Sharpei dog came on the scene to the tune of 2500.00, and everyone just HAD to have one!!