P.Metallica Dark Form??

Tunedbeat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Well, i just received a MM from varden and he looks very dark. I've never seen a male this dark, though he was abit wet but has now dried and still the same color. Though, we both have no idea if it's a true dark from or not. What do you guys think?

Some pics.

With flash.

Last edited:

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i actually remember comments on here (maybe in the genus pictures) about how someone had several slings from a sac, and a few were significantly darker.

i wouldn't be surprised if it's a color morph.

Last edited:

tony77tony77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
wait for a molt then you will know for sure.... don't look like a dark form it looks like it need a molt.

Slash

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
that's what i mean :)
Haha OK.{D

I wasnt sure if there was a differemce betweem color morph and color form. For example...this specimen might have come from a sac that had spiderlings with the regular blue color. I was thinking maybe the spiders bred for this specimen had to be both dark color forms as well. Or maybe I'm just crazy. :)

Tunedbeat

Arachnolord
Old Timer

wait for a molt then you will know for sure.... don't look like a dark form it looks like it need a molt.
It is a matured male, that means it has already had its ultimate molt. Not sure if it was blue before or not, Varden? Dark Form or not, this T is very unique.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i had MM last year,he was very blue,for a male that is. could be just that 1,either way very unique.

Heather

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
He is beautiful nonetheless!

Now a Black Pokie :eek: I would love to have one of those!

massmorels

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
as far as I know, ALL P. metallicas lose thier bright blue when they get old..

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
Yeah, lots of pokies lose their coloration as they get older.

To be honest, I don't see anything too special here.

-Sean

Tunedbeat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Ok, show me a photo of a MM metallica that has this color, i myself have never seen one so dark.