P. metallica breeding, no experience

vounti

Arachnoknight
Hi everyone !

I just sexed a P. metallica a few days ago and that is a female !
I would LOVE to breed that species because they are very expensive so breeding lots of them means that the prices will go down which is really good
Also, the population in the wild is really doing bad so it's important to preserve it in the hobby

My question is: is that a unwise thing to do ?
I have no experience with breeding so maybe I coule loan my female to a breeder so he can reproduce them ?

I don't want to keep the slings (maybe 3-4 though), I'd love to give them to a breeder/seller that will trade them or something. My whole point is to make this species more common, so more affordable

Neonblizzard

Arachnomoron
Unless you breed them yourself and sell them yourself i don't know if it's possible to bring the prices down... Definitely don't loan your female out. You could certainly sell your female for a decent price and possibly get some slings in return, but that wouldn't achieve the goal of making them cheaper.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Breeding the your female one time is not going to bring the prices down for the entire scope of Poecilotheria metallica. It’s a nice thought but you should probably just enjoy keeping your female and not worry about breeding :D

Neonblizzard

Arachnomoron
Breeding the your female one time is not going to bring the prices down for the entire scope of Poecilotheria metallica. It’s a nice thought but you should probably just enjoy keeping your female and not worry about breeding :D
You would have to get some kind of P. Metallica farm going 🚜 is it true you are only supposed to attempt a sac once per molt cycle? Or did i make that up

Wolfy72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I completely with the others...NEVER loan your female out, as Neon said, mature females sell for a great price and you could work out a trade for slings if a sac is produced.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Yeah, I wouldn't recommend loaning a female away to someone else, as some people are deceiving at times and will sometimes steal your female in some sneaky way.
I would LOVE to breed that species because they are very expensive so breeding lots of them means that the prices will go down which is really good
Breeding one female will make more slings of the species within the hobby, which is good. But the price dropping doesn't come easy as that will take time for that to happen.

vounti

Arachnoknight
Thank you all ! That was naive from me to think everyone is honest in the hobby. I'll just enjoy keeping my female

I also might get enough experience in breeding within her lifetime to pair her myself :)

Thanks again

Neonblizzard

Arachnomoron
Thank you all ! That was naive from me to think everyone is honest in the hobby. I'll just enjoy keeping my female

I also might get enough experience in breeding within her lifetime to pair her myself :)

Thanks again
It's still a noble contribution to the hobby doing some pairing so there's more in the hobby though! P. Metallica are the one everybody wants when they get interested in T keeping and the hobby is only growing! Plus you'll get to enjoy the experience too