P. metallica and breeding

Czech prime

Arachnoknight
Hrllo
I read a couple of old threads but couldn't find an answer to this question.
I have a female at 12cm (5") that has molted a month ago and a male at around 13-14cm (5.5-6"). Their body lenght is around the same size.
Is there a chance the male would try to eat her/attack her because she is smaller?
She should be big enough to breed tho right?

cold blood

Staff member
Is the male mature?

This is the smallest member of Poecilotheria, so she's definitely an adult at 5".

cold blood

Staff member
MMs are more interested in mating than eating. Just feed him well before the pairing....poecs are generally pretty gentle with one another. They're the only genus I just leave overnight and remove in the AM.

Czech prime

Arachnoknight
MMs are more interested in mating than eating. Just feed him well before the pairing....poecs are generally pretty gentle with one another. They're the only genus I just leave overnight and remove in the AM.
Thanks :) Yeah i've heared! been preaparing for this for almost a year now so i hope all goes well

Angel Minkov

Arachnobaron
Isn't that like a general rule with metallica :p?
I got a good measure at them both again. She is tad over 13cm (5.5") and he just reaches 15cm (6")
No, their reputation as difficult to breed is undeserver ^^ A lot of people breed them nowadays and they don't require anything special. 5.5'' is okay, but I'd be more confident if she was around 6''+ :)

Czech prime

Arachnoknight
No, their reputation as difficult to breed is undeserver ^^ A lot of people breed them nowadays and they don't require anything special. 5.5'' is okay, but I'd be more confident if she was around 6''+ :)
Same here but i doubt the male will live through another (females) molt, since he is a few months old. Her body length is actually longer than his and when together they look similar (sharktanking them atm)

If you happen to posses any of these secrets would you kindly share them with me :)?

Angel Minkov

Arachnobaron
There are no secrets. You have to find out what works out for you. Some keep them very warm - 28C and moist. Some keep them moist for a month, dry them out then flood and keep mild temps. Some, on the other hand, cool them off then gradually warm them up and play around with humidity. But keep in mind - what works for them might not work for the guy next door ;)

Czech prime

Arachnoknight
There are no secrets. You have to find out what works out for you. Some keep them very warm - 28C and moist. Some keep them moist for a month, dry them out then flood and keep mild temps. Some, on the other hand, cool them off then gradually warm them up and play around with humidity. But keep in mind - what works for them might not work for the guy next door ;)
We'll see :p
What i'm trying to do is mimic the weather in Gooty. So dry at the moment and will increase humidity come summer/end of the spring.

Angel Minkov

Arachnobaron
They're not from Gooty, though. They were simply found there. Regardless, its good enough, as the climate throughout India should be generally the same so it doesn't matter if you're looking at weather reports for Gooty, Hyderabad or someplace else ^^

Abyss

Arachnoknight
Best of luck, i think my female just hit 5"+

I would LOVE to breed her an distribute some gorgeous slings but honestly i havent the slightest where to begin lol. Breeding is something i have never even began to prepare for

Czech prime

Arachnoknight
They're not from Gooty, though. They were simply found there. Regardless, its good enough, as the climate throughout India should be generally the same so it doesn't matter if you're looking at weather reports for Gooty, Hyderabad or someplace else ^^
Oh i always thought it was only found in gooty lol.. not just found there. Thanks!:)

SpiderLover24

Arachnopeon
I have a mature male p. Metallica and i would love to breed him to further the species. I dont know much about breeding, and I could of course learn, but I thought it was worth mentioning. Does anybody have a mature female that they might like to pair? 😏🤞