P. Metalica question

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Im thinking about getting one in a few weeks and I was just wondering how you care for them and at what age they start showing those beautiful colors?

Scolopendra55

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Care is the same as regalis. They will get almost full adult coloration at the 3" mark and show a nice bit of blue a while before they reach that mark (my 2" is showing great color already) :D

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Man, I can't wait. I want to make a killer tank for it and make it a display spider. I don't want to jump the gun but I "might" sell off my T's and get a few gooty's and pray for a female male combo.

Tunedbeat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
They are really beautiful, i still can't get enough of mines. Carin for them, is really simple. Like scolopendra mentioned, they will show their color at 2'' and adults colors at 3+''.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yeah, mines just a molt away from adult,hope female ofcourse but to me looks male,hope i'm wrong , like everyone said they are very easy to care for,aweome spider all the way:worship:

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Im getting so excited about it.....Do they make good display pets?

SavageDigital

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Im getting so excited about it.....Do they make good display pets?
The couple I've had here were a bit more skittish than other Poecs, but the display-ability was the same (good amount of web, made use of substrate materials during construction, active, etc.).

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Mine is a little over 3 inches and has really good color in its legs already. It doesn't hide much, and is active. It eats really well. I care for it the same as my regalis. Mist 2 times a week, make sure the water dish if full, one to two large crickets a week.