P. lugardi

jimip

Arachnosquire
Pterinochilus lugardi i pick up a little one today and i can find any info really. its a really nice looking beast, i just wish it would come down out of its cornor..... btw when did exo-terra start making breeder boxes there perfect for keeping T's they have a size for everything but the bigger fellows.

Last edited:

TreeGuy

Arachnopeon
I keep my P. lugardi exactly like I would an OBT.

Decent size waterdish, other than that bone dry.

In my experience this sp. likes to rearrange but not truely "burrow"

Mine have all taken to excavating underneith their hides to a fair depth.

Remember, this is a quick species with an attitude issue and a less than comfortable venom. They are much more passive than OBT's though.

Good Luck :D

jimip

Arachnosquire
i must say it was putting up a fight to stay in the container they sent it home in.... which was much to small. but once it was out and i stopped its climb with its lid it just sat there... in fact im sure its still there. beautiful spider.

thanks for the info. i was hopping that would work but i had no clue... it also helps me because i got my first obt today... in fact i have 3

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You would most likely get more responses from folks if you put a legitamate title on your thread. Most people that are perusing will skip right over this.

Vespula

Arachnodemon
Awesome species! It's on my list to get. I agree to keep it like an OBT.

Kirsten

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i do have one of these. Beautiful spider, yes,if you ever get to see it. Mine has taken up residence under her hide since the day after i got her :/. The crickets disappear, but that's about it...

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
I've found P. lugardi to be an avid burrower. Unlike my lividum, however, when given shallow sub (I first housed it as a murinus as it was sold as such), it made do with a webbed up hide and appeared "content" (eating, not stressed, etc.).

And as people say, keep it dry, with a waterdish.