P.laevis diet

TheRealJoePesci

Arachnopeon
Greetings! So my p.laevis colony seems to be doing well, but for some reason the food I give them (Repashy Morning Wood) never seems to be eaten, I'll throw some chunks in and in week the same size chunks are in there all dried out and nasty. Are they not eating it? What are they eating to survive? And any recommendations on a better food(s) for them? Thank you kindly!

Madnesssr

Arachnoknight
P. Laevis will eat almost anything. But first and foremost, they are protein feigns. They will eat tons of leaves, carrots, cucumber, fish food, tortoise food, dead mealworms and roaches, chicken bones, etc...

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
My P. laevis love repashy bug burger. I've never used repashy morning wood, but I don't see why they wouldn't like it.

Polenth

Arachnobaron
Their main diet is dead leaves and wood, so if you set up correctly they can survive on those. They will also eat each other for protein, especially if nothing else is available. This isn't ideal, which is why extra food is recommended.

For extras, I mainly feed vegetable scraps with some protein foods (fish food is a favourite). I haven't found anything they won't eat so far, though I do avoid stronger things like onions, garlic and the like. It might just be there's more of the stuff you're putting in than they can eat at the moment.

TheRealJoePesci

Arachnopeon
Thank you everyone! I pretty much have all these things already so we will try some variety! And I will definitely get some bug burger I've heard good things 👌