P.irminia

BZeni

Arachnopeon
Considering a p.irminia. I do not want a small sling. LPS has a 3 or 3.5" unsexed for 100 bucks? Is that to much? Cant find many that size to compare the price to. One was close and was 60 but I'd have to pay shipping so its about the same. Any advice on the p.irminia is appreciated also. Thanks!

Demonclaws

Arachnosquire
It is up to you and how much you want it. Adult females goes for 100-150 around here (Chicago), but for some reason slings seems to be more expensive than other places.

cold blood

Staff member
My advice is to get a sling. These are fast growing and excellent hunting ts, even as slings.

IMO one if the best things about Psalmopeous is the sling stage....theyre just a joy to watch...and the growth they put on each molt is impressive....you could buy a sling today and by christmas it might already be 3" or better. Its not the slow growing poor eating type of sling many NW terrestrials are.

JMO

BZeni

Arachnopeon
I'm just nervous had two slings die on me recently. Both the same species in from the same sac. The first one I have no clue why and the second one was just recently victim of a cricket. Which is my fault obviously but I just don't feel like I have much luck with slings.

It's not really the question of how much I wanted I'm just seeing such a wide range of prices and this place is the most expensive so I was just wondering. If it's not unreasonable for that size it's worth it to me because I don't really want to sling.

Last edited by a moderator:

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
It's up to you but I wouldn't pay that much for an unsexed specimen. I paid $95 for my 3.5" confirmed female.

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
Considering a p.irminia. I do not want a small sling. LPS has a 3 or 3.5" unsexed for 100 bucks? Is that to much? Cant find many that size to compare the price to. One was close and was 60 but I'd have to pay shipping so its about the same. Any advice on the p.irminia is appreciated also. Thanks!
I got an unsexed juvie for 50

I got an unsexed juvie for 50
Not sure why I posted this...not very helpful but it was 50 USD at an exotics shop. They sell all of their T’s for the price they buy them for even after they’re sexed by the ship. Love it honestly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I'm just nervous had two slings die on me recently. Both the same species in from the same sac. The first one I have no clue why and the second one was just recently victim of a cricket. Which is my fault obviously but I just don't feel like I have much luck with slings.

It's not really the question of how much I wanted I'm just seeing such a wide range of prices and this place is the most expensive so I was just wondering. If it's not unreasonable for that size it's worth it to me because I don't really want to sling.
Would not buy it from a pet store. Unless you have a good eye on ventral sexing, chances are you're coming home with a male which matures around Christmas.

MainMann

Arachnosquire
My guy is selling a juve female irminia around 7cm for about the equivalent of 50$, then again some Ts are quite cheap here in Indonesia. I'd just say to get a 3-4cm juve, that's my favourite size to get my spiders. Not too fragile, but you can still enjoy the part of the Ts life where they grow the fastest. Just my two cents though.

Sincerely, Maman

Goopyguy56

Arachnoangel
One, they are among the most durable slings to raise. And imo, it is hard to top the beauty of a mature irminia. I think 100 bucks is too much for unsexed when I have seen sexed lady's for less than that. I think a 3/4th inch sling would be easy to raise. You may not see it very often when it gets bigger but when you do you will be in awe of their beauty. Pictures can't do them justice. I wouldn't let a few dead slings scare you away. Stuff like that happens unfortunately. If it was your fault, you learn from it. Even experienced keepers suffer a loss like that once in a while. Psalmopoeus are one of the hardiest genus of t's out there so I wouldn't stress over starting size too much

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Good T, you’ll rarely see it. Very photosensitive.