P.Irminia

Sharpy808

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Has anyone else encountered this? My Irminia is refusing food for some reason... shes 6 years old.. misted about once a week to every 2 weeks.. molted about 8 weeks ago.. and now shes webed herself in the cork bark tube. Ive never had her not aggressively hunt down anything that shows up in the enclosure.

I'm kinda concerned since this is deffinitely a change in her "normal" behavior. Any ideas?

to pre-answer some questions.. yes deffinite female.. been in the same enclosure for well over a 1-1/2 years.. nothing has changes as per environment..

:?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I am sure she is fine. My little girl does the same thing when she does not want to be bothered. She should be fine. When she wants to eat and or drink she will come out. They block themselves off like this from time to time, sometimes to clean and groom, sometimes to molt, sometimes just because. Ether way I dont think you have much to worry about for now.

Sharpy808

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Shes defnitely not in premolt since she only molts once a year if that anymore. I could try misting more often and see if that helps. Maybe the environment wasnt as good as i thought.. :?

Or like talkenlate said maybe shes just in a mood and doesnt want to be bothered.... Heck IdK its just irritating me partly cause this is the oldest T i have and with 6 years u kinda get attached..

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
mine does this every once in a while....she probally made a phantom eggsack.
mine has done this twice already. she'll keep it for a while then eat it..

this is just my experence

moose

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Six years, thats pretty cool. I have two lil ones and they too go into hiding on occasion, and like the folks have suggested, she may be in a mood of her own.

Good luck-

Sharpy808

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thnx moose, now thats something i never even thought of. The bottom of the cork tube has an opening but its been webed shut sollid since she went in the cage. There very well could be a phantom sack down in there. Im almost tempted to open it up and take a looksee.

Great coments all preciate it.

Meaningless End

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
egg sac was the first thing i thought of and then i saw it was alwready mentioned.. open it up, i would be kind of curious to find out.