P.irminia were paired!

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Im so excited about this. Im more excited about these than any of the other species Im working with. I know that just because the mated doesnt garuntee a good sac, or a sac at all, but Im still pretty happy about it.

The female was very receptive. She practically ran out of her burrow the first time the male tapped. Two insertions were confirmed. Right palp, then left palp. The whole process took about 10-15 minutes. Pretty quick compared to the C.fasciatums:rolleyes:

Anyways, I will post the breeding report when the whole thing is done with. This is not a breeding report so I hope this doesnt get moved to the breeding reports. Im just sharing my excitement.

Here are some pictures. Excuse the wuality of the insertion pictures. I wasnt even looking at the camera, I was just clicking the button as many times as I could when it wasnt pointed at that area. I had tongs in one hand, the camera in my other, and a flashlight in my mouth.

The male:

First contact:

Male trying to get to the furrow.

The insertion pictures. Not as good as yours Tommy!:D

After the male backed away from her, the female booked it towards her burrow. I guesse she's not into after love cuddling...

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Good luck! Hope you get an egg sac from her.. She is gorgeous!
How big is your female & what do you plan to do with the male now? :D

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Good luck! Hope you get an egg sac from her.. She is gorgeous!
How big is your female & what do you plan to do with the male now? :D
Thanks! The female is 5 inches or more. The male is on loan. I was given a maximum of 10 days to keep him and then I have to send him back because his owner has more people who need him. This is night 1. I just unpacked him this morning lol. The guy said that he made a sperm web the day before he shipped him, so I fed the female a lot today and had a go at it this evening (morning now, I guesse).

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks! The female is 5 inches or more. The male is on loan. I was given a maximum of 10 days to keep him and then I have to send him back because his owner has more people who need him. This is night 1. I just unpacked him this morning lol. The guy said that he made a sperm web the day before he shipped him, so I fed the female a lot today and had a go at it this evening (morning now, I guesse).
Ahh.. OK.. Well.. Good luck! :D

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Ahh.. OK.. Well.. Good luck! :D
Do you need a male? I have another one, but he is really old. He still tried with my girl before she molted though. You can just have him if you want him.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Here is a video of their courtship. I stopped once they got close because I still wasnt sure how the female would act towards him once he was in arms length. These are the first arboreals that I have paired.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uiHnlQr_gkM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uiHnlQr_gkM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

kevin1995

Arachnopeon
Congrats!
Awesom pics you took. :clap:

Your girl looks so pretty.:eek:
Did you know, my girl's exactly 5 inches! (maybe they are from same sac? haha I know the chances are very slim)

I got my girl when she was a itty bitty sling, did you too?

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Awesome pics! I think that's the first time I've seen a MM P. irminia.. how cute and fluffy! lol

Good luck! :D

Assassin

Arachnosquire
Congrats on your pairing!!! nice to see, that your female was so receptive...When i mated my formosa, she was all fangy like :))))
Fingers crossed!!!!!! Keep us updated!

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Do you need a male? I have another one, but he is really old. He still tried with my girl before she molted though. You can just have him if you want him.
Holy crap! I ever even noticed you replied to me.. :D Sending PM..

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Congrats!
Awesom pics you took. :clap:

Your girl looks so pretty.:eek:
Did you know, my girl's exactly 5 inches! (maybe they are from same sac? haha I know the chances are very slim)

I got my girl when she was a itty bitty sling, did you too?
Yep. I picked her up at a local show from Spider Guys (Tom and Steve). She was a small sling, now shes a grown girl.