P. irminia sub-adult feeding advice

ladyratri

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
My "big girl" irminia is basically my first sub-adult T, and I'm not confident whether I could be feeding her better (either more or less). She's about 3.5" DLS.

Top photo from when I got her at the end of October, bottom photo from today.
20230309_145447-COLLAGE.jpg

She seems plenty chonky to me, and spends most of her time in her web fortress...but she keeps surprising me by going for walks around her enclosure and pouncing on food/anything she thinks is food. Definitely also seen her feet slipping on the walls for weeks, like my Avic when he's decidedly in premolt. 🤷

More crickets? No more crickets? Is this not as chunky as I think?

waynerowley

Arachnosquire
I’d say no more, unless the occasional small one, until she moults. Make sure she has access to water though.

Wayne

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It’s fine a little more hurt but not not needed- depends a bit on your lifestyle as well

ladyratri

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Well, she's been too lazy to actually go to her water dish all week, but I can conveniently water her via vent holes.
20230318_055220-COLLAGE.jpg

She was pretty eager to hunt down the little cricket I gave her though... Still clearly very interested in food. 🤷

ladyratri

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Update: continued immediately devouring any little snacks I dropped her way, still unbelievably chonk, but well hydrated and just closed up the ends of her web tube (again) in the past few days... 🤞

PXL_20230419_072651791.jpg

ladyratri

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
"Mystery" solved. Not as "sub" an adult as I thought :/