P irminia sling lost tip of foot/claw during rehouse -- concerns?

lando2bespin

Arachnopeon
I recently got a p Irminia sling. Came in a deli cup. Had a more ideal enclosure to place her in bc every time I lited off deli cup lid, it'd mess up the webbing. She managed to get on my hand during rehouse and when I tapped her slightly with a paint brush, she somewhat bolted, except one of her claws/tip of back foot had managed to get stuck on me and ripped off in the process. I feel horrible about this and since she has held the leg up in the air and not utilized it (see pic). Last night it appears she ate a tiny cricket I left for her overnight and was webbing up a fake plant this am when I left. Any concerns here? Will this be corrected by the molt?

Thanks so much!

Attachments

cold blood

Staff member
Came in a deli cup. Had a more ideal enclosure to place her in
I consider the deli cup to be the optimal housing.

You can't worry about webbing, ts make endless amounts and don't have a darn thing to do with their time.
except one of her claws/tip of back foot had managed to get stuck on me and ripped off in the process. I feel horrible about this and since she has held the leg up in the air and not utilized it (see pic).
Ts don't really have critical issues with lost limbs, its really not a big deal, don't beat yourself up over it.

The t will probably self-amputate sometime before molting, and after a molt or two the leg will be back to normal.....keep in mind, slings of this species can molt extremely fast, like every 30-45 days if fed well and kept relatively warm.
Thanks! Doesn't appear to be anything bleeding.
Ts have a valve at the base of their legs that closes of in case of injury or amputation, this prevents them from bleeding to death from leg injuries.

Craig73

Arachnoangel
I’ve accidentally closed a lid on a sling’s leg and didn‘t realize it for a few hours. Lost the leg, it grew back. Things happen sometimes and a learning experience.