P. Irminia Sling Leg Stuck in Web

Craig73

Arachnoangel
Craziest thing I have seen to date in my collection. Ive had my .5 sling for a week in a vial and it had not moved much; it did molt 4 days before I got it. I planned to rehouse today and during the transfer noticed its back leg was stuck in the web and sub on the ground.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of oddity?

Not having experienced this particular slings full bolt capabilities it was a little nerve racking to free it, but went quick and smooth and leg appears to be fine. No picks once I had it free, I was in full on rescue mode. Looks healthy and did not see stuck molt on it that I could see, unless that’s what he was freed from and I just couldn’t see it.

He’s now climbing the bark in his 1.5x3” amac and grooming, will try feeding in a couple hours, his abdomen looks in the small side. I did moisten the sub and a little mist on the enclosure side in case he needs to hydrate.

Last edited:

Craig73

Arachnoangel
I didn’t even think it was. I used a twisted up piece of paper towel when I first tried to get it to move out of the vial and saw one leg stuck. Resorted to tweezers and gently pulling the sub and web out of the vial and carefully cleared whatever was keeping his leg stuck with the twisted paper towel. I was expecting a cast off leg but ended with all legs intact.

EvilTrailMix

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yes! One of my P. murinus got herself stuck in a 'web harness' when she was a small sling. I noticed she hadn't been moving much, and when I looked more closely, I found she was tethered. Took about 40 minutes of assistance, which she did not appreciate at all, but I managed to work the web off and she was fine.

My dorky N. incei mature male also attacked a roach with such force, he flipped upside down and somehow got two of his toes stuck together. They were stuck for several minutes until he was able to unstick them. I had a good laugh at his expense. :rofl:

OBT stuck in web.png N. incei upside down toes stuck together.png N. incei toes stuck together.png N. incei toes stuck together2.png