P.Irminia sling badly need help!

klinthoris

Arachnopeon
So i bought a P.irminia whose one leg was slightly bended at the tip. It walks normally and still ate 2 times during my care. Then suddenly, it lost it's other leg(not the bended tip) . No reason why. Then it was still acting fine. Didn't eat already because it was in premolt. I thought he was gonna recover his legs after molting. Then he molted 5 days ago. Still, was not able to recover his lost leg and the bended one. I leave it alone then i am really worried already. It is day 5 after molt yet he still doesnt walk properly. His fangs are not blackened yet. But what concerns me most is the fact that he cant walk properly. He is like very fragile but his speed is still fast. But i pity him every time he walks. Thats why i transferred him to a smaller container. Anything i can do for him guys? A little help would be appreciated.

Attachments

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Keep a water dish in and feed fatty nutricious and easy prey. Waxworms/calciworms. Bad moults take a few more times to heal sometimes.

Just make sure its hydrated and fed well

klinthoris

Arachnopeon
Keep a water dish in and feed fatty nutricious and easy prey. Waxworms/calciworms. Bad moults take a few more times to heal sometimes.

Just make sure its hydrated and fed well
I will do that. Thanks! but it's fangs are not yet dark though, so I'll just wait for 2 more days to feed him.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I had a B.smithi sling that molted in transit to my house and it took a few molts to set it's legs back to right. It is now a 2+ inch female and is doing great. As long as it's eating and molting I wouldn't worry about it too much. Make sure to keep the substrate slightly moist and give it a small water dish.

Good luck.

Last edited:

klinthoris

Arachnopeon
I had a B.smithi sling that molted in transit to my house and it took a few molts to set it's legs back to right. It is not a 2+ inch female and is doing great. As long as it's eating and molting I wouldn't worry about it too much. Make sure to keep the substrate slightly moist and give it a small water dish.

Good luck.
Thanks for keeping my hopes up guys. I will do my best.

mistertim

Arachnobaron
The only time to really worry about a lost or broken leg is if it stops drinking and eating (and isn't pre-molt) and gets dehydrated or is in a death curl. Otherwise, it will be just fine...especially since it doesn't have any predators to worry about.