P. irminia pairing.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have been pairing my female with zergfront's male off and on for a little over a week now.

First one was a successful pairing, the second one failed(female was very aggressive).

So I gave them a few days, and paired them again this afternoon.

This is the only pairing I actually took pictures of.

enjoy.

introduction-

getting her in position-

right before the insertion-

the insertion-

He only made one insertion before she retreated, and he fled her enclosure.

I fed and watered both of them right after.

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Good luck to you man!! I have a MM too. I'm just hoping my girl will molt before he passes on. He's been mature for over 2 months now. I'm surprised to see him still alive every time I check on him.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
He should last quite a while if fed well.

It isnt uncommon for them to live close to a year after maturing. Though they will loose their "spunk" in about 5 to 6 months.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
no..but if I gave her one...it would start with a B! haha.

She isnt exactly too friendly.{D

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks Jason!

I am hoping to have a good sac. I know this girl is a good mom. When she was around 3 inches she dropped a false sac, and cared for it very well. I would watch her rotate it 10 to 12 times a day.

I pulled it from her so it didnt attract mites and what not, and to my surprise 2 weeks later all the eggs were perfect, just infertile.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks Jason!

I am hoping to have a good sac. I know this girl is a good mom. When she was around 3 inches she dropped a false sac, and cared for it very well. I would watch her rotate it 10 to 12 times a day.

I pulled it from her so it didnt attract mites and what not, and to my surprise 2 weeks later all the eggs were perfect, just infertile.
Well, you can still hang on to him just in case of a molt. Will save me shipping. LOL! ;):cool:

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very cool pics, thanks for sharing! :)

How big is the male, out of curiosity?

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm assuming he probably died or slowed by now but I've never really hung onto any MM tarantulas... :?

Hope she drops a sac but I know stuff happens. Last I heard about this guy's brother, he was fleeing from the female. :wall::rolleyes:{D