P.irminia or OBT?

Thegloryfades

Arachnosquire
Was browsing one of the local pet stores today and they have P.irminia slings and an absolutely gorgeous female obt. I know I'll have some cash after christmas so trying to decide between the two. What would you pick? The obt is stunning, seriously the most beautiful I've seen. The irminia are still small but are probably top 5 in my list of T's. If I got the irminia I would probably snag two in hopes of getting 1.1.0. The obt would be cheaper and is a mature female so no idea on age but mm murinus don't seeem too hard to come by. Leaning towards obt because of the particular specimen.

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Can't go wrong either way; they're both great, cheap and fairly common. I'd go with the OBT, just cause it's female. You can find MMs later on, as well as irminia.

Thegloryfades

Arachnosquire
Thinking I'm definitely gonna get the obt, also going to see if they'll trade me slings for an irminia

Royal_T's

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Get the P. murinus... and if you plan on raising a breeding pair of P. irminia I would suggest getting your slings from two different sources or raise one from sling and after determining the gender of the first then buy another.

losct2381

Arachnosquire
i would def go with the obt just because it's sex is known. and u said it urself she's stunning. i love pretty female t's like that i call em divas .lol
the others u can save for little at a time. and if u having hard time contact anastasia from net-bug.net but u can find her here too on the boards thats how i did she's great u can probaly get what ever u want from her.

losct2381

Arachnosquire
oh yeah that too obt's are real good eaters and i love their attitude. u cant beat an obt of display of color and temper i love them. just remember the other reason we call them obt orange biting thing . they hurt bad. but other than that they are great inverts.

Thegloryfades

Arachnosquire
Yea it's the prettiest obt I've seen and pure satan as far as personality goes. I really enjoy raising from slings though. May see if I can work it out to get both

BayBredBeardies

Arachnopeon
Hey guys. Just curious... I have the same choice to make after the holidays too... I was wondering why everyone is saying OBT. I thought they were more aggressive and faster than the Irminia? Is there something I should be aware of with the Irminia?

captmarga

Arachnobaron
I'd personally be hard pressed... but I like them a bit past the sling stage. I'd say OBT as well. But then again, I have 5 OBTs and 5 P. irminias...

Marga

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Hey guys. Just curious... I have the same choice to make after the holidays too... I was wondering why everyone is saying OBT. I thought they were more aggressive and faster than the Irminia? Is there something I should be aware of with the Irminia?
Because it's (presumably) female.
Otherwise I would have suggested the irminia. Defensiveness/speed didn't enter the equation at all.

Thegloryfades

Arachnosquire
Yea they said it was a female, seemed built like one anyways. I wasn't getting close enough to find out he moved the cork bark covering her hole and she nearly flipped on he back swatting and striking

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Was browsing one of the local pet stores today and they have P.irminia slings and an absolutely gorgeous female obt. I know I'll have some cash after christmas so trying to decide between the two. What would you pick? The obt is stunning, seriously the most beautiful I've seen. The irminia are still small but are probably top 5 in my list of T's. If I got the irminia I would probably snag two in hopes of getting 1.1.0. The obt would be cheaper and is a mature female so no idea on age but mm murinus don't seeem too hard to come by. Leaning towards obt because of the particular specimen.
I'd say get both! They'd both make fantastic additions. :)

LisaD

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'll echo the other advice and vote OBT. Both are pretty commonly available, so since you found a specimen you like, go for it. I have two irminia (adults I raised from slings) and one OBT. IMO the irminia makes a better display. The OBT lives in a mass of web. Both are beautiful and hardy. Get both if you can swing it - one irminia sling to raise and sex (get another sling or two from a different source or wait until you can sex, then get another) and the OBT. You can always ask the LPS if they will give you a discount for buying two Ts.