P irminia mating issues

kevin1995

Arachnopeon
Hello!
So my first pairing with my girl was on 07/11/10
And the girl gave me a surprise my molting on the 13th.

A week later, I super fed her (8 crickets) and mated them, and 4 insertions were seen

The next day, two insertions were seen, but the female seemed angry and sort of flicked her whole upper body and male got scared and ran away.

male keeps making spermwebs, and so today I paired them again, and more agressive behaviors from the female... does this denote sucessful mating?

Anyways, I tapped her out of her little dome house, which made her angry but not defensive, and I put the male inside.
This was a coerced contact but ended sucessfully with 2 very good insertions.

Anyways, My questions is, should I leave the guy in there?
I feed them both quite well and even male is eating once in a while, so should I guess everything is going well?

What I'm worried about is her defensive/offensive behaviors toward the male, which some suggests will lead to male being vitiated and a big sac :? so please tell me if other irminia breeders observed this behavior.

The flicking behavior is sort of like a p. murinus's defensive posture, which involves the first two pairs of legs risen up with the barred fangs. The female violently thumps on the ground about 2-3 times in about .5 second~ 1 second interval.

Thanks for reading and help me out here! :D

Oh and yes, water and humidity, as well as temperature is high- moderate, and lighting is only done during obervations.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I wish I could offer some advice.. But I cant.. Since I have yet been able to breed any of my Psalmos..

Best of luck! Send me that MM once you are done with him! {D

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm not an expert by any means, but if you witnessed insertions, I would say job well done and get the male out of there.

dianedfisher

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If you've seen repeated insertions on multiple attempts you're not gaining anything by re-mating them. Feed her well and hope for the best. I personally move my mated females to a special room, but I would suggest moving her to a more secured and quiet location. I also increase the temperatures by at least a few degrees and keep my breeder rooms ambient humidity at a minimum of 65%. I also try to house my mated females in containers which allow me to introduce water without disturbing them during the time they are holding their sac. Either via spray bottle (a vented type opening) or via syringe (water bowl close to a ventilation hole). Good luck. A freshly molted female and a fresh male usually equal a sac. Di

kevin1995

Arachnopeon
Oh thank you for the help
So even if the female did not much "accept" the male gently, it does count as long as the male had done the deed correct?

Wish me luck! I will hopefully have some positive results in 3 monthes or so.

PS- Mr. Red, I am interested in sending him but the thing is, he isnt very fresh (2 and a half mo. old) and I was looking forward to preserve his body even if the female had tagged her. PM me if you are interested in him, and we'll work it out from there :D

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
2.5 months old is PLENY fresh for that guy! I have a MM versi on loan that is older,and the damn thing is nuts. Spermwebs EVERY day........My irminia on the other hand,are a nightmare for us. Never receptive,only seen ONE spermweb in a couple months,etc........The male is also a loan,and must be the laziest MM I have ever seen in my entire life.All he has to do is make the sex with 2 females;not tooooo hard,right?

kevin1995

Arachnopeon
2.5 months old is PLENY fresh for that guy! I have a MM versi on loan that is older,and the damn thing is nuts. Spermwebs EVERY day........My irminia on the other hand,are a nightmare for us. Never receptive,only seen ONE spermweb in a couple months,etc........The male is also a loan,and must be the laziest MM I have ever seen in my entire life.All he has to do is make the sex with 2 females;not tooooo hard,right?
LOL
what a couch potato :p
I must admit I am impressed that there is an unreceptive irminia :worship:
never heard them happening in this specific genus {D

Good luck to you!

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Heh,fingers crossed.The male I received was one month mature,and didnt make a sperm web for at least another 1.5 months.Both females were freshly molted(2 months).They are just being a pain in my butt at the moment.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, tell him to get his lazy butt off the computer and get some real ladies! X-D

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_huR7dSGQWc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_huR7dSGQWc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]