P irminia in an ICU

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Ever so carefully moved her into an ICU. Not in a death curl (yet) and not deflated, but I am not holding much in the way of hope. No movement.

Marga

captmarga

Arachnobaron
She went into molt in shipping. The seller emailed me AFTER shipping that she was going to molt very soon. Opened the box to a second note... but after CAREFULLY opening her packing to check her, she was totally motionless.

She's not deflated, and wasn't quite in a death curl, but no movement. Went ahead and put her in an ICU anyway (oh-so-careful moving her, scared to add any more stress). It will either help, or she'll die anyway.

She hadn't moved at all in over 24 hours. No pulsing.

I am very, very bummed as she was a lovely 3.5" . Sad, sad, mad, bummed.

Marga

captmarga

Arachnobaron
She appears unchanged. She has not shrivelled up. There is no movement on her own, but there was the tiniest leg movement when I moved her bedding. SO I guess she is still alive. She'll stay in the ICU until she molts or dies. She moist and quiet. Can't do much else for her.

Marga

dannyboypede

Arachnosquire
you should get a replacement or refund or something if it dies. that is really bad luck
sorry

Dan

captmarga

Arachnobaron
you should get a replacement or refund or something if it dies. that is really bad luck
sorry

Dan
I have PM'd the seller but heard nothing back from them. Upsets me that way, too. At least a response to the note would be nice.

Marga

captmarga

Arachnobaron
She did not make it. I have heard from the seller, who has been more communicative. They will be replacing, with a female of comparable size, later this week. Still sad though. The stress during molt was too much, even the ICU couldn't help her.

Marga

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
I don't get that at all... Why would ANYONE ship a T if they new it was going to be molting soon. I would tell somone before they paid for it that it was going to molt soon. It just doesn't make sense to me why someone would do that. :wall:

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She did not make it. I have heard from the seller, who has been more communicative. They will be replacing, with a female of comparable size, later this week. Still sad though. The stress during molt was too much, even the ICU couldn't help her.

Marga
That's rough. I'm sorry to hear it, Marga. At least the seller is working with you, though.

Still, it is puzzling that someone wouldn't notice that a T was that close to a molt and ship it anyhow... :?

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Im sorry for the loss. Maybe the seller was just in a hurry to get you your T to keep you happy? Did they give you an explanation as to why they would ship a T in premolt? It could be someone new to the hobby that didnt know any better. I hope you get your new T soon.