P. Irminia - Help

jaw6053

Arachnobaron
So I got my P. Irminia on 1-4-20 and right off the bat it ate really well. It would literally eat everything I put in the 1st week. Well, fast forward a month and it has not touched any food since 1-14-20. I thought it was premolt but its been a month now and there has been 0 change. The only thing I can think of is that I overfed it the 1st 10 days and it went into premolt that's going to last awhile ? Do I have something setup wrong or what ?

Thanks

Attachments

Ents189

Arachnopeon
My P. irminia didn't take food for almost two months before her last molt. Leave her be

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
I think it will molt soon, some species slings if you can’t tell from the abdomen for premolt, look at the legs. They get skinny looking and dark.

jaw6053

Arachnobaron
I think it will molt soon, some species slings if you can’t tell from the abdomen for premolt, look at the legs. They get skinny looking and dark.

What you see in my pics are the best I ever get to see it. After it constructed its home that where it stays 24/7 and I have yet to see it out since. So I really cannot see its legs at all and from my pic its abdomen does look plump I guess. It's still really hard to see it clearly through the webbing/dirt it has strung up.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
What you see in my pics are the best I ever get to see it. After it constructed its home that where it stays 24/7 and I have yet to see it out since. So I really cannot see its legs at all and from my pic its abdomen does look plump I guess. It's still really hard to see it clearly through the webbing/dirt it has strung up.
I wouldn’t worry, I’m going with premolt. This species are really good eaters.

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
Mine actually just molted earlier this week. In their water dish, no less.

Oddly, they have molted three times in my care and have never fasted beforehand.

(Pic is spider one day after molt) 51144B28-D85E-4B87-9DE9-7DF79C0752A6.jpeg