P irminia enclosure

Shadow89

Arachnopeon
1582250248534.jpeg
1582250280518.jpeg
It’s about 3” in an 10”x12”x10” with about 3” of sub (mix of topsoil and cocofiber). The rubber band is there to keep a piece of cardboard in place to provide a dark hide if you look at the second photo at the bottom left there another piece of cardboard which I used for the main hide. It molted about 4 days ago and whenever I look at it it’s in a stress curl. I make sure the lights are off and I use red light to look at it. I got it at an exotic pet store who usually know what they’re doing and keep their exotic pets in good enclosures

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I would suggest you take a look around at other P irminia setups.I've owned this species, this is not the best of setups, it's quite sparse IME. Screen tops are also bad too.

@The Grym Reaper @cold blood help this poor owner with some shots

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Yeah, that's no good, you want a wide bark slab leant vertically into a corner with plant cover around the bark at low-med height.

Non Avic setup 3.jpg
Non Avic setup 4.jpg

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
Low level plant cover, enough sub for a shallow burrow and a cork tube or slab is perfect. Mine has made excellent use of their cork bark tube.

Thekla

Arachnoprince
I'd add more substrate and leaf litter/dry moss and take out the cardboard, it'll mould eventually. And what is that white stuff?

Shadow89

Arachnopeon
I'd add more substrate and leaf litter/dry moss and take out the cardboard, it'll mould eventually. And what is that white stuff?
What white stuff? The floors white and there was a reflection bit other than that I didn’t put anything white in the enclosure

Shadow89

Arachnopeon
Also, kinda stupid question, but how would I go about feeding it? I use mealworms and super worms mostly and it webbed up the top of the cork bark but not in a way where it’s not visible and when I put a mealworm in it got caught in the webs and my T couldn’t feel it

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Oh that’s just some painters tape I used to hold some stuff in place while the glue dried
And why is it still in there? I wouldn't leave any tape with a tarantula. And did you remove the cardboard?
Also, kinda stupid question, but how would I go about feeding it? I use mealworms and super worms mostly and it webbed up the top of the cork bark but not in a way where it’s not visible and when I put a mealworm in it got caught in the webs and my T couldn’t feel it
How do you know she won't feel it? ;)
Personally, I'd feed something more moving, red runners or crickets, just throw them in and let her hunt. Remove them after 24 hours if they're not eaten.
But to be honest, I don't own this species, so, others might have more insight. :)

Shadow89

Arachnopeon
And why is it still in there? I wouldn't leave any tape with a tarantula. And did you remove the cardboard?

How do you know she won't feel it? ;)
Personally, I'd feed something more moving, red runners or crickets, just throw them in and let her hunt. Remove them after 24 hours if they're not eaten.
But to be honest, I don't own this species, so, others might have more insight. :)
It’s still there cuz I didn’t have a chance to remove it this morning, yes I removed the cardboard, I’m not allowed to have roaches in the house (mom and sister are absolutely terrified of them🙄) and I don’t use crickets cuz they all die off way to soon (last time I got about 100 and I ran out after about a month)