P irminia adult coloration

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just got a juvie girl P irminia and just wanted to say, WOW. What a beautiful animal. I've got GBBs and 5 versis, and while they are stunning (especially the versi) I have to go say the most beautiful T I've ever seen is the P irminia.

So...does this amazing coloration (3" female!) stay the same through adulthood?

I've seen her speed, and am impressed by it, but have not seen any threats yet. I was told by the previous owner that she was a fiesty girl though.

Also...what other's should I get from this genus? I'd say the irminia looks better in life than in pictures...would you agree and if so are other Psalmos participating in that trait?

Thanks for sharing my enthusiasm!

spiderworld

Arachnosquire
I just got a juvie girl P irminia and just wanted to say, WOW. What a beautiful animal. I've got GBBs and 5 versis, and while they are stunning (especially the versi) I have to go say the most beautiful T I've ever seen is the P irminia.

I've seen her speed, and am impressed by it, but have not seen any threats yet. I was told by the previous owner that she was a fiesty girl though.

Also...what other's should I get from this genus? I'd say the irminia looks better in life than in pictures...would you agree and if so are other Psalmos participating in that trait?

Yp they stay the same i have a couple adults! i love these guys

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

What others should you get from this genus?!?! Really?! :D OK!

Since you got the most gorgeous T of all.. The irminia..
Now you get the P. pulcher..
Then the cambridgei
And last but not least.. Get the reduncus...

That is all that are available in the US hobby..

None of them are justified by a picture.. They are all gorgeous IMO.. :D

Oh.. Congrats! :)

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'll second what Redneck says, athough i'd boost the reduncus up there a bit. They are underrated IMO. My sling hasn't colored up yet, but they have such a lovely copper/olive carapace.

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What others should you get from this genus?!?! Really?! :D OK!

Since you got the most gorgeous T of all.. The irminia..
Now you get the P. pulcher..
Then the cambridgei
And last but not least.. Get the reduncus...

That is all that are available in the US hobby..

None of them are justified by a picture.. They are all gorgeous IMO.. :D

Oh.. Congrats! :)
What do you like about the pulcher over the cambridgei Redneck? I REALLY want a cambridgei, but I'm acting like Ts are Poke'mon lately. I'll get them all eventually. Just curious what you like about the pulcher over the cambridgei. Thanks for your' input! I know you have a passion for the Psalmos.

mitchrobot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
they keep the color into adulthood, and if anything get a little more black as they mature (lose the greenish face i mean)
heres my big female, shes about 6" now

p.pulcher is a MUST for any psalmo collection, one of the best looking arboreals IMO :cool:

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ah. That's too bad they lose the green. That's probably my favorite thing about her. I wasn't expecting it. But it was very welcome! Gorgeous Ts either way though. Their markings are amazing.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What do you like about the pulcher over the cambridgei Redneck? I REALLY want a cambridgei, but I'm acting like Ts are Poke'mon lately. I'll get them all eventually. Just curious what you like about the pulcher over the cambridgei. Thanks for your' input! I know you have a passion for the Psalmos.
What I like about the pulcher over the cambridgei... Hmm..

The pulcher looks alot better than the cambridgei (IMO).. Its eating responce is insane! It will fly out of its little tub web if I breath near its enclosure.. Its got a tad more attitude than the cambridgei.. Which is something I like.. Fiesty little booger.. :D

Whats not to love about this?! :D

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I do like how they have a red tinge.

Perhaps I'll just pick up one of each on my next order? Are the pulchers rare or hard to find?

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I do like how they have a red tinge.

Perhaps I'll just pick up one of each on my next order? Are the pulchers rare or hard to find?
I would say yes to pick one or 2 of each on the next order..

The pulcher are not really rare.. Harder to find yeah.. I have only see 3 available in the F/S section since I bought mine..

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My vote is cambridgei over pultcher. The colouring I don't like that much as cambridgei or irminia.:)

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The prettiest one is the one you like best :D

I prefer the cambridgei over all four, even over the irminia, just based on looks. Then the reduncus, then the other two. I still plan on owning all four because they are all very pretty and different :D

Paul does currently have P. pulcher slings for $24, but the only other one he has are the irminia.

Anastasia has reduncus slings,

whats not to love about them? :drool::drool::drool:

http://www.birdspiders.com/gallery/photos/med_d0xg212m73.jpg

http://www.birdspiders.com/gallery/photos/med_15B0273AKD0B7KAEC2K14F26F4ED07D197B.jpg

Edit: Just noticed Swifts has reduncus & cambridgei slings ;)

flyguycolorado

Arachnopeon
I Just want to say +1 to this thread in general... Though I want to put my vote in for the P. cam, as the 2nd behind P. irminia. Maybe because I love the color green because my P. cam is the most mellow of my group, or just size of my girl. None the less P. pulcher is stunning and a must have as well! so for me its irminia, cam, pulcher with reduces last “don’t own one yet lol”. Also want to add that this genus is about as mean/defensive as any T I have ever worked with. Some are mellower than others but from my experiences I think some keepers underestimate the temperament of this genus. So IMO that is a small miss conception of this genus, and that's why I love em.

Just a ramble
ryan