P Irmina sling died from what ?

obie

Arachnosquire
Was just checking in on my T's today when I found my phone irminia just kinda laying sideways. I thought it was about to molt but then I took a closer look. And it looked like it was dying so I thought I'd put it in a incubator to try and bring it back. Then I saw this white stuff on it and it was definitely dead. What do you guys think it is 20161210_203557.jpg

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
It has ruptured. It hs leaked hemolymph(white fluid) and died from its injuries :(

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Maybe a fall or loose cork bark falling into it? If you can post up a photo of the enclosure we may be able to determine what happened. Arboreals usually dont suffer from falls as much as terrestrials

obie

Arachnosquire
Yeah this sucks, this is second time I've lost a P irminia. The first one was pretty much stolen and now this.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
It seems the enclosure is ok. Maybe it got leg stuck in lid? Or if the feeder has been in there for a while it may have caused injury. I'm stumped as the container you have it in looks fine.

I dont really know what may have caused it. Its a shame man sorry to hear this

obie

Arachnosquire
Yeah man I asked my wife did she knock it over but of course that didn't happen. So maybe I'll just try and find a female and buy her instead of waiting on a sling to grow out and it turns out male. Thanks for the replies guys

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
Could you get a pic with the T right side up? Maybe it had started to attempt a molt, but something went wrong? The way the legs are bent back, looks as if it was trying to molt.

Spidermolt

Arachnoknight
how long have you had it? if you just bought her maybe it was from a previous unknown injury.

obie

Arachnosquire
Could you get a pic with the T right side up? Maybe it had started to attempt a molt, but something went wrong? The way the legs are bent back, looks as if it was trying to molt.
20161211_002407.jpg

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I think the legs only look like that as have lost pressure after death and begin to curl.

There is a lot of hemolymph around the pedicel. If the pedicel was damaged then death is certainly the outcome.

Last edited: