P insignis(purple bloom)

DrowsyLids

Arachnosquire
I purchased a purple bloom today (s)he is just over an inch long and is sporting black/orange markings on abdomen. Does anyone have experience with this specific sp? I just want to know about what size do they start changing color I've found very little info on the internet

Attachments

DrowsyLids

Arachnosquire
Also touching base on my original question is that the sling itself also looks like it could be a different species? I see pics of Antilles pink toes that look the same

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
I purchased a purple bloom today (s)he is just over an inch long and is sporting black/orange markings on abdomen. Does anyone have experience with this specific sp? I just want to know about what size do they start changing color I've found very little info on the internet
Looks like a born and bred Pampho to me! (btw just a phrase ;)) I believe they start to lose it pretty early, around 3-4". Not quite sure, but that is what I have gleaned from others. Always glad to see more pamphos in the hobby, hope it actually is a P. insignis. After all, the genus is so mixed up somtimes certain breeders can either lie or honestly not be sure when that small.

dopamine

Arachnobaron
I've got no experience with these but it's definitely not A. versicolor as those are almost completely blue at that size.
Looks like P. ultramarinus?

DrowsyLids

Arachnosquire
Thanks for the replies! As long as it's a pampho I'm happy. I can definitely see the resemblance between a lot of slings in that genus that can be hard to tell apart

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
Definitely Pampho, I don't know anything about them past the abdominal pattern, so that's all I can tell you. But that pattern on the abdomen is 100% characteristic of Pampho slings.

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
I've got no experience with these but it's definitely not A. versicolor as those are almost completely blue at that size.
Looks like P. ultramarinus?
If it emds up to be ultramarinus, go and get quite a few lottery tickets ;) Wish I had that species, but $300 for confirmed female is too much... off topic, but I hope it does well for you @DrowsyLids :D

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Most Pamphs come with the xmas tree butt. I hope it does turn out to be what you purchased as.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Also touching base on my original question is that the sling itself also looks like it could be a different species? I see pics of Antilles pink toes that look the same
A. versicolor are bright blue. They look nothing like this at all.

DrowsyLids

Arachnosquire
A. versicolor are bright blue. They look nothing like this at all.

I'm aware of that now it was mentioned earlier in the thread. I found pictures on google images that had pamph slings labeled Antilles pink toe. Never owned one before so I really didn't know better

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm aware of that now it was mentioned earlier in the thread. I found pictures on google images that had pamph slings labeled Antilles pink toe. Never owned one before so I really didn't know better
No problem, that's what we are here for. You should never trust Google images as you well know.

DrowsyLids

Arachnosquire
Well I purchased it from a pet store and none of the staff could answer me because their "tarantula guy" was gone. When he came back It only took a phone call to find out it's species lol. I feel silly about posting the thread now but thanks for the replies!