P. imperator mature?

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It's usually easy but this one has me doubting, has me stumped a little. These two are CCB siblings and both are large, approx. 6". They molted at about the same time as far as the last molt goes, I didn't keep up with number of molts. One shows some characteristics of not being mature yet, it has a more narrow carapace, lighter color, a little plumpish looking and much lighter telson, the telson is a little small too. But telson color varies enough that I've seen adults with that color telson also. So I'm not absolutely sure it's mature yet. Any opinions?

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I think he's more into taxo in a formal way but I'll listen to all opinions. Maturity info is on the internet of course and so many here have had experience and practice but this one just looks "iffy".

Ran

Arachnoknight
Galapoheros, you have more experience with emps than most so I would go by your instincts on this one. I too have a large female that when she last molted had small chela (juvenile size) and now are very large as she is. Her telson was orange for a long time and she now looks to be in premolt (she also is voracious never turning down a meal).

Collin Clary

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Looks a little bit iffy to me too. Color really isn't the best indicator, but the chela and metasoma do look proportionally narrow for an adult. Could just be simple intraspecific variation though.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That's as far as I could take it in my head also, simply could be some funky weirdo adult, or else it may be a massive one if it molts again, will have to let time take care of it.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
It's usually easy but this one has me doubting, has me stumped a little. These two are CCB siblings and both are large, approx. 6". They molted at about the same time as far as the last molt goes, I didn't keep up with number of molts. One shows some characteristics of not being mature yet, it has a more narrow carapace, lighter color, a little plumpish looking and much lighter telson, the telson is a little small too. But telson color varies enough that I've seen adults with that color telson also. So I'm not absolutely sure it's mature yet. Any opinions?

It either has one more molt , or is just a strange individual from a genetic standpoint.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
"She" turned out to be huge, lost her telson during that last molt but didn't lose anything important,