P. Imperator gender?

DARTH ARACHNUS

Arachnopeon
Arachnosupporter
Looks like a female looking at the pectine teeth and the operculum.
Someone with more experience may be able to 100% that.

ianhunt

Arachnopeon
Looks like a female looking at the pectine teeth and the operculum.
Someone with more experience may be able to 100% that.
Thanks a lot! I still cant accurately determine scorpions sex confidently even if i have been keeping them for quite some time now

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
Can someone verify my p. imperators gender? thanks a lot in advance!
The genital operculum isn't clear enough. If anything I would rely more on the shape of genital operculum than pectine size. Male = sideways oval, female = vaguely heart-shaped but forked too. I can't see whether it is forked or not. You might have a male.

Sexing_Pandinus_and_Hetermetrus_spp_by_GS_pic2_.jpg

DARTH ARACHNUS

Arachnopeon
Arachnosupporter
There is that 100% with more experience can you get him/her into a clear tub and a clear pic of the pectine and operculum
I am 99.99% sure its male but I am looking at it on my phone.
Looking at it on a larger screen now my earlier female answer is retracted lol

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
There is that 100% with more experience can you get him/her into a clear tub and a clear pic of the pectine and operculum

Looking at it on a larger screen now my earlier female answer is retracted lol

Once someone has the key to sexing both Pandinus and Heterometrus scorpion, it is the simple task of looking at the size of the pectines and the shape of the genital operculum.

DARTH ARACHNUS

Arachnopeon
Arachnosupporter
Once someone has the key to sexing both Pandinus and Heterometrus scorpion, it is the simple task of looking at the size of the pectines and the shape of the genital operculum.
I used a similar pic to sex my female H Spinifer I did mine not from a molt so much easier getting them into a cricket tub or if they are up against the glass it's what I love about the hobby it's a constant education

ianhunt

Arachnopeon
Thanks a lot guys! i'll try that tub technique next time if some of my scorpions moult.:happy:

Since this is a male now i have 2 males and a female communal.:astonished: