P. Imperator attacking each other

Rdeuvletian

Arachnopeon
Hello Everyone,

I have recently acquired 3 adult female emperors, 1 adult male, and 1 juvenile male. I know for a fact they are all wild caught.

I tried to pair the adult male with all 3 females in their own separate enclosures. The male starts shaking back an forth as a sign he wants to mate. But each one of the females would charge at him immediately and try to sting him. None of them are fat enough to look gravid as of now.

Could they already be gravid since they were wild caught, hence their aggressive nature towards the male?

If I do leave them together, and they do sting each other, are they immune to each other’s venom? If I let them fight it off, will they eventually calm down?

I also tried to put 2 of the females in the same enclosure to see how they would react, but they also both charged at each other and tried to sting each other.

Should I keep trying to mate them every few days, or should I wait a few months and see if they start swelling up, proving they might already be gravid from the wild?

Should I put all 3 females in one big enclosure with the adult male to increase my chances of mating? Or could I end up with cannibalism, since there are already signs of hostility?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Here’s a crazy idea- separate them. Not sure why that hasn’t dawned on you based on your description :rolleyes:

Rdeuvletian

Arachnopeon
They are all housed in separate enclosures.

Here’s a crazy idea- separate them. Not sure why that hasn’t dawned on you based on your description :rolleyes:
If you actually read the thread properly you would know they are all already separately housed. I am trying to breed them, and that’s the reason I was putting the male into the seperate female’s enclosures. As soon as they would show aggression towards him, I would seperate them… Not sure why you wouldn’t read properly before replying in that way :rolleyes:

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
You recently got them, so I would give them some time to settle down. They may still be stressed.
Keep them separate and after some time has passed and they seem to have settled, you can put them together for a mating attempt. If they get agressive, try again later. Don’t leave them together, because they usually won’t calm down over time in my experience.

Rdeuvletian

Arachnopeon
You recently got them, so I would give them some time to settle down. They may still be stressed.
Keep them separate and after some time has passed and they seem to have settled, you can put them together for a mating attempt. If they get agressive, try again later. Don’t leave them together, because they usually won’t calm down over time in my experience.
Thanks a lot for the reply. I’ll let them settle for a couple weeks and give it another shot. Fingers crossed for successful pairings.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If you actually read the thread properly you would know they are all already separately housed. I am trying to breed them, and that’s the reason I was putting the male into the seperate female’s enclosures. As soon as they would show aggression towards him, I would seperate them… Not sure why you wouldn’t read properly before replying in that way :rolleyes:
I read properly :rolleyes:

if I had opposite sex hostility I wouldn’t put them together you may lose one etc