P. gigas or P. pulcher?

Genix

Arachnopeon
What is the easier one to take care of between these two? Talkin' about humidity requirements, husbandry, general attitude? Also which grows fast with standard temp and feeding?

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
Both very similar, P.gigas probably slightly faster.

Get the one you want, or both.

cold blood

Staff member

Genix

Arachnopeon
Both very similar, P.gigas probably slightly faster.

Get the one you want, or both.
Thanks man.

No such thing...ts do not have humidity requirements.

Pretty much the same for both
both are very fast, pulcher will have a greater potential for defensiveness

Both grow fast and like most fast growers, both have excellent appetites.
Nice thank you sir! :)

8 legged

Arachnoprince
What is the easier one to take care of between these two? Talkin' about humidity requirements, husbandry, general attitude? Also which grows fast with standard temp and feeding?
You don't need any skills to care for spiders. One must simply not lose interest and control it daily. If you do, it doesn't really matter what species you own. If you lose interest and neglect the animal, it dies in the worst case. At least that's how pragmatic I am. You should also have a certain respect when keeping Brachypelma or even "simpler" animals. Think first, then act and depending on what you are doing - be prepared! If you are looking for something cool to show off, a nice poster is a good alternative!
But when it comes to buying the "better" spider, take the pulcher!

Last edited:

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
You don't need any skills to care for spiders. One must simply not lose interest and control it daily. If you do, it doesn't really matter what species you own. If you lose interest and neglect the animal, it dies in the worst case. At least that's how pragmatic I am. You should also have a certain respect when keeping Brachypelma or even "simpler" animals. Think first, then act and depending on what you are doing - be prepared! If you are looking for something cool to show off, a nice poster is a good alternative!
I agree with the pulcher. Sure they can be more defensive, but that's a blessing in disguise. It's much easier to cup a tarantula that stands its ground.

Genix

Arachnopeon
Sure it's settled then. I'll go with the blonde T.

I agree with the pulcher. Sure they can be more defensive, but that's a blessing in disguise. It's much easier to cup a tarantula that stands its ground.
I like both but I can only buy one. I think I'm gonna go with the pulcher. Thanks man.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Setup/care is basically the same, P. gigas prefer it slightly more moist.
P. gigas is prettier IMO.
P. gigas is faster/more skittish.
P. pulcher is more erratic/defensive.
Both grow fast.