P. formosa folio patern...

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Heres a pic of one of my P. formosas...ive noticed over the last few molts, that he/she has a crooked folio patern....wondering if he/she will keep this till maturity??....what do you think??....btw, T in queation is about 2inches or so, and has had 4 molts in my care.I have a sac mate of this t aswell....perfect patern.

crooked guy..

straight guy....

razor244

Arachnopeon
The Harry Potter of T's =P. i think it would maintain the pattern if it has for the last couple molts

Last edited:

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thats what im thinkin.....time will tell;)

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

Any other cases of this?....any cool pics??

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Any other cases of this?....any cool pics??
See this. I suspect the P. formosa posted above is a result of a conjoined abdomen sometimes seen in Poecilotheria. There is documented cases of the same thing found in Cyriocosmus and P. irminia here on AB if you search for them. I suspect it prob happens to many other sp as well, just harder to see in sp. that dont have patterns on there abdomens.

Later, Tom

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks for the reply, Tom....i had a feeling it might have somethin to do with a conjoined abdomen...i remember the thread about the irminia, wich ahd me thinkin.