P.fera

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
<This was posted by Chojinn in the myriopods forum. I thought it would go better in the correct forum - Mr. D>

Here is my male P.fera

And a few pics of the female - note the red chelicrae

I also received a P.nigriventer spiderling that died shortly after it arrived (it was a freebie, no big deal). Anyway these spiders are nuts! Sooooooo fast. I used to think that Scolo.subs were quick - these things put even them to shame.

I am going to sell the female to a friend (they are a mated pair ;P ), and I expect the male to kick the bucket relatively soon. Being true spiders I am pretty sure the males don't last long after they've reached sexual maturity.

Poecilotheria

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi, great pics. Phoneutria nigriventer is my favorite true spider specie. Too bad I can never find them at all, beautiful brown coloration though, ah well, maybe someday. :(
Steve

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I keep P. nigriventer and also possibly P. fera (juveniles) - and the female on the picture looks like nigriventer. Not the best pic thought so i might be wrong.

/Lelle

Poecilotheria

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Does anybody know if anyone in the U.S. has any Phoneutria slings for sale? Just looking for one of each specie I can find, i'll continue looking on google.com, ect.
Steve

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Phoneutria spiderlings are very very difficult to keep alive - they tend to die very quickly. I had around 30 and soon they all died. All at once.
Best thing is to get juveniles. Not a beginner spider though, very fast and alert. And aggressive...

/Lelle