P. fasciata or P. striata?

Mudskipper

Arachnopeon
I want a new pokie! (Saving for a p. metallica but with a new car to pay off it'll be a while...) So should I get a P. fasciata or P. striata? Opinions from those who've owned/own both would be appreciated. :)

mcy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
of course everyone says they are saving up for a p. metallica thats why they cost 200 dollars... if thats what you really want just forget the others and wait until you can afford it.. Otherwise both those spiders will be beautiful display spiders.... just remember they are very colorful for a reason and they will mess you up if you get bit! {D

TarantulaLV

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have two P. Fasciata's and they are gorgeous. Smaller ones in the Pokie family--but 6+ inches is still alot of spider to see. If new to pokies I would start with this species or P. Regalis as P. Metallica, Subfusca and T-W are significant initial investments right now. Good Luck!

tarantulas.com

Arachnopeon
Pokies

P. striata are cool, but totally evil! We produce both species, and I like fasciata better, but this year there will be way more striata available then fasciata.

Mudskipper

Arachnopeon
I lost my Regalis not too long ago (7 y.o. female, bad molt) and want a good active display pokie for a tall live-planted terrarium. Btw I have a HUGE tank I'd love to divide up...is there ANYway to safely divide a tank? Maybe having a glass divider cut to my specifications? Thick pieces of styrofoam that fit snugly with no room to squeeze over/around?

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
and want a good active display pokie for a tall live-planted terrarium.
I recently did an Exo Terra for a P striata. Either sp would be good. Its a matter of which you like the looks of more.

Here is the lucky spider

Btw I have a HUGE tank I'd love to divide up...is there ANYway to safely divide a tank? Maybe having a glass divider cut to my specifications? Thick pieces of styrofoam that fit snugly with no room to squeeze over/around?
There is but you better do it right or you will be sorry

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i'd got with a formosa myself. same price range but GORGEOUS violet highlights!

ironmonkey78

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I dont have a formosa but my striata never leaves me wanting. very active and beautiful.

Sunar

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My striata is my only pokie so far....but i'm digging her.

~Fred

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Personally, my favourite pokies are ornata, subfusca and regalis (the black and white on the regalis fascinates me :D) ornata go purple with yellowy stripes.. males r green.. they look wicked!

P. striata are very nice, as are fasciata.. lol its down to personal preference.. look on google at some pics of each species.. see which u prefer :)

Mudskipper

Arachnopeon
Decided on the P. fasciata. I'm also getting a Cyriopagopus sp 'blue' and L. Parahybana in the same order. :)

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i decided to get a fasciata too. still waiting on it, though :rolleyes: C. sp. "blue" is a good choice too, i hope yours will be as entertaining as mine :D