P. dictator

Reitz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Does anyone know anything about P. dictator? I've heard random things here and there, but nothing substantal. For example, are they really as blue as one one on Jan's site looks? Are they similar in most respects to emps? I've heard that they're more aggressive and tend to have a more painful sting. Also, I saw that some online dealer was offering a 'blue' sp. of Heterometrus. Could this actually be the P. dictator?

Just struck me as interesting.

Thanks,
Chris

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I believe P. dictator is black under normal lighting (there have been a few brought in as P. imperator and mistakingly identified as such, if I recall), but UV rays will create a blueish tint to some scorpions, rather than the common green which is seen in emps, etc.. Actually, I believe O. glabifrons' coloration appears blue under blacklight as well (I'll check again, I forgot). Yup, mine glow blue! Because they have a lighter coloration, they probably wont appear that blueish color under sunlight though. Much like taking an Androctonus australis into the sunlight and looking for the yellowish-green. They will carry a slightly different color than regular lighting, though it is usually not too much of a major difference. If P. imperator or H. spinifer is taken into sunlight, being of such a dark coloration, they carry the hunter green tint quite often.

adios,
edw. ;)