p. Chordatus ready to go at 3.5"??

ornamentalist

Arachnoknight
hi all, so today i decided to dig the moults out of my 2 p. Chordatus (moulted 3 days apart) now, upon closer inspection of the first, i immediately binned the moult i was going to open up, HE had matured. He is really small! 3.5 inch approx, i was stunned to look down the burrow and see a pair of hooked tibias staring at me. I exhumed the other moult, opened it up..... female! She is exactly the same size as him. I wasnt really expecting it to work out like this (glad it did!) cos im definately going to be breeding them. My question is, is she ready to go when hes loaded up? At 3.5 inch? Iv heard of people getting good sacs out of o.b.t's at this size. Any info on the breeding its self would also be really helpful e.g, season stimulation and heads ups. i will check the reports after this post, but any of your personal breeding experiences would be great! Thanks in advance!

Musicwolf

Arachnoknight
hi all, so today i decided to dig the moults out of my 2 p. Chordatus (moulted 3 days apart) now, upon closer inspection of the first, i immediately binned the moult i was going to open up, HE had matured. He is really small! 3.5 inch approx, i was stunned to look down the burrow and see a pair of hooked tibias staring at me. I exhumed the other moult, opened it up..... female! She is exactly the same size as him. I wasnt really expecting it to work out like this (glad it did!) cos im definately going to be breeding them. My question is, is she ready to go when hes loaded up? At 3.5 inch? Iv heard of people getting good sacs out of o.b.t's at this size. Any info on the breeding its self would also be really helpful e.g, season stimulation and heads ups. i will check the reports after this post, but any of your personal breeding experiences would be great! Thanks in advance!
Here are my thoughts, but they are just collected from reading other threads - - 3.5" is approx. 65% of full size, so yes, while small - probably able to be bred. A better indicator of course is whether the spermethecae are developed - - double check her molt and you should be able to get a good idea if she's ready to go or not.