P.Cancerides escape

christin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So I get home this morning and from across the room I see that the lid to one of my spider cubes is open. My little P.Cancerides popped the top of and escaped. I found her quite easily and today I rehoused her into a larger locking cage....but, oh my what a scare. Don't know how she managed it, but I have one more larger P.Cancerides to rehouse tonight.

All of the "escaping T" stories helped alot. I found her not too far from her cage on the floor in a little nook. No problem.

Has anyone ever intentionally set up a little "nook" stratigically placed, on purpose? To create a safe dark place for a T to hide incase one does escape?
Not that I'm planning that again, but just curious.

Snowball

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That sounds like a good idea but in my mind would only really work if your T room is void of any furniture...I've only had one escape, but I was right there when the bugger snuck out the side while I was cleaning her house..so I "stratigically" placed my hand infront of her and put her back in.

christin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Awwe, that's cute...are you making fun of my spelling error? Nice.

xBurntBytheSunx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
it opened its keeper? :eek:

reminds me i should put a locking lid on my salmon pink's tank sometime in the near future ;P

Snowball

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have an amazingly cheaper idea...DUCT TAPE!! woot. Solved all my non-exo-terra enclosure problems :D..them lids don't come off now^^

christin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Tape, yup. that's what I'll do. I have four three more that are in the little cubes. To answer the question above, it wasn't a critter keeper. I keep little T's in the 4x4 lucite cubes that you can get from the craft store, after drilling holes of course. I just neerthought they would be able to get out. I'll tape 'em