P. cancerides color?

Raven 13

Arachnopeon
I was sold this P. cancerides a few months ago at an expo, and it has finally molted. I've never seen one quite so black before, so naturally, I'm having a few doubts about whether this is the species I bought or not. The seller was self proclaimed, "Not into spiders." Any thoughts on this picture?

Attachments

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
If he's not into spiders, then why would he have a friggin P. cancerides lol

Raven 13

Arachnopeon
If he's not into spiders, then why would he have a friggin P. cancerides lol
I honestly have no idea. She had all sorts of tarantulas, and scorpions, but was definitely more into the Sugar Gliders she was selling.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
P.cancerides go through color phases as they grow, they get quite a dull brown when they haven't molted in a long time.
Well since we don't know the species, no breeding for her then.
They usually come out darker in coloration post molt, I wouldn't assume that isn't P.cancerides just cause it looks different then it did before it molted.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
No idea apart from that it's probably not whatever mine is, I ordered a P. cancerides from TSS, it was completely bald when I got it and the first thing it did was barricade itself in its burrow, after a month it moulted and came out like this lol

View media item 40151

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
No idea apart from that it's probably not whatever mine is, I ordered a P. cancerides from TSS, it was completely bald when I got it and the first thing it did was barricade itself in its burrow, after a month it moulted and came out like this lol

View media item 40151
That's definitely not cancerides, they must've confused your order with some other phormic spp.

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It definitely looks like a Phormictopus of some type to me. True, the carapace is strangely dark. But there are quite a few color variants of the various species.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Looks like a P. cancerides to me.

Violet form

IMG_1093.JPG IMG_1091.JPG

Normal form (crap photo)
IMG_0329.JPG