P. cancerides care

orkimedies

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
picked up one of these great spiders, cant find a caresheet on them in english anywhere on the net so i figured some one here would know.

looking for optimal temperature and humidity ect

Boo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
These can be kept at 60-90 degrees fahrenheit with humidity around 60-70 %.
My little one seems to prefer the drier side of things as far a substrate goes.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
These can be kept at 60-90 degrees fahrenheit with humidity around 60-70 %.
My little one seems to prefer the drier side of things as far a substrate goes.
I got one of these guys also i use peat moss....

i set up the enclosure, put him in there he made a burrow, covered the burrow entrance up and haven't seen him since i brought him...which was probably like 3 weeks ago lol...

so you may not see much of yours once its settled in.

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
yeah, mine is on peat moss as well. bout 60% humidity. he/she/it has burrowed a little, but stays out in the open for the most part. only about 1/2inch so far, but seems to like the open, even with a burrow. they prob only seal themselves up for a molt.

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I really like mine. I've been holding it at a higher humidity, hard to say how much though, but there's drops on the wall in the container. He seems to be alright and has grown considerably. I got it last summer, and it molted today actually. Male, approaching 5". Or so I hope (Haven't measured yet, still in acute postmolt.)

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Exactly as Brian said, but a little bit more humid. Also, I would give them the chance to burrow, cause every opportunity mine got.. they did.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
DITTO dry peat moss room temp -60+
water dish
dispose of live crix down hole
never see the spider lol

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hmm, I a little suprised. Mine rarely hides. But then again, mine isn't normal. It is sweet, friendly and gentle too. Anyway on care I feed once a week, keep the water dish full and over fill it slightly every time you fill. The T will take care of the rest.

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mine is an aggressiv feeder, and because of that I don't put my hands in his container. But after this molt he's getting adult colors, and has no hesitation to give me a brief threat pose. He's actually gorgeous.