P. Cambridgei not eating

Querx

Arachnopeon
Hi all,

Last week I obtained a psalmopoeus cambridgei and it is refusing food whenever it is offered. It seems to love its water and hasn't been making many webs. It is still very active so I don't think there is anything wrong with it's health but it isn't really showing the behavoiur of a tarantula in premolt.

Anyway, I know (from experience) that some Ts like the G. Rosea sometimes go on hunger strikes for what apear to be no reason so I was wondering if this could be the case for the P. cambridgei or if it is more likely to be premolt or something.

Any information? Thank you in advance.

shanebp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Refusing food is pre-molt behavior. I wouldn't worry about it because it could either be in pre-molt, or just not ready to eat yet.

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I agree, it sounds like it's in premolt. Mine doesn't fast long, normally when it stops attacking food, a molt is within a few days. I also catch her drinking more around the time of molts.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Even faster metabolism T's can go a month without feeding, no problem. Don't worry, it's probably premolt. If she hasn't eaten by March, post again.

shanebp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Even faster metabolism T's can go a month without feeding, no problem. Don't worry, it's probably premolt. If she hasn't eaten by March, post again.

Lol, well said, this kind of made me chuckle out loud for second.:D

Querx

Arachnopeon
Alright then, thanks all.

Just wanted to make sure this type of T didn't have any kind of weird eating habits I should know about.