P. cambridgei Moisture

lackdawa

Arachnosquire
How much moisture does this species require? I just have a water dish in and occasionally over-fill it with no problems. Just want to double check if that's okay or if they need additional moisture.

emartinm28

Arachnoknight
As slings and young juveniles they could use some additional moisture but once they reach 2-3 inches your system is fine. Personally i’d keep a corner of the substrate damp anyway just in case

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Keep appropriately sized waterdish filled, done. As far as juvies and adults go they'll be fine like that. Slings => waterbottle-cap sized waterdish - done.

As mentioned, you can overflow the waterdish a little occasionally.

Craig73

Arachnoangel
I don’t have a cam but have two other Psalmopoeus and keep the sub slightly moist for slings and small juveniles by slightly overfilling the water dish. I do let it dry out in between though to reduce chances of mold creeping up. Once larger they won’t require more than just a filled water dish. Pretty hardy and low maintenance in my experience.

8 legged

Arachnoprince
The substrate should not dry out completely, as one likes to do with other species. Real plants are a good indicator here. As long as they are doing well, there is usually sufficient moisture...
If you don't want to constantly monitor the supply, just put a little more plants and moss in the enclosure. There is always some moisture left.
PXL_20210223_055758990.jpg

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Slings should be kept on slightly moist sub, juvies/adults are fine with you overflowing the water dish and repeating when it dries out, apart from ecclesiasticus the genus is pretty drought tolerant.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
How much moisture does this species require? I just have a water dish in and occasionally over-fill it with no problems. Just want to double check if that's okay or if they need additional moisture.
I raised irminia and pulcher- never overflowed dish

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I always keep mine with some moisture in the substrate since it doesn’t take long at all to do, that I allow to dry out occasionally as they are out of sling stage, but during sling stage I kept them on slightly moist pretty much always.