P. audax molt chamber or what?

Leon S

Arachnopeon
So, I've captured an audax that decided to hang out on my laundry -- I don't want to keep it permanently, just didn't want to release it outside during the winter weather.

Anyway, I've gotten it to take one mealworm and maybe a cricket... But she's built herself a little cocoon that I can't take a good picture of but it's a dead ringer for the one in this thread:
https://arachnoboards.com/threads/jumping-spider-molting-chamber-or-eggsac.267282/

However, it's a complete enclosure -- 360 degrees. I've twice offered her a mealworm by lowering it next to the enclosure and she charges at it and sticks her front claws through the webbing as if she's trying to grab at it. This happens on either side of the cocoon. She doesn't seem to have a way out to get to it. But if I try to work the mealworm through the wall of the cocoon, she seems to get scared and backs to the other side.

At this point, she's been there for about ten days, so that has me worried. She doesn't leave -- before this she was very active, posting herself at various points in the enclosure. I've upped the humidity in case she's trying to molt but she's still just sitting there. Her abdomen was pretty plump when this started, so I'm not *terribly* worried, but would def prefer to know what's going on. :)

Jadestone

Arachnosquire
Let her be. If she gets hungry she will come out and search around. It is best not to stress her out if she is molting or making an egg sac.