P.audax care tips?

jumpingforjoy

Arachnopeon
hello, i have a little jumping spider, which has been suggested to be a p.audax to me. it just ate yesterday, so my first question would be how often do i feed a juvenile audax? it seems pretty happy and plump, and while it did tackle a bug but simply dropped it at the bottom of the enclosure after holding onto it for a while, so i assume it’s full right now?
it is pretty small still. about the size of being ready for hydei fruit flies. i expect it to go into a molt soon given that its still young and i read they do that more often as slings. i attached some pictures! apologies for it being hard to see the markings, i’ll take a better picture soon! it’s name is killdozer.

Attachments

Lucky123

Arachnobaron
Watch it’s abdomen and feed it when it returns to normal size.

audax

Arachnopeon
P. Audax is more ambitious than you might think. I once fed one a fly so much bigger that the spider sunk both of its fangs into the fly's eye. Singular...eye.

audax

Arachnopeon
But you can feed a few times a week. I believe if you feed more you'll increase it's metabolism and it'll end of growing faster but dying earlier

Jumper

Arachnosquire
But you can feed a few times a week. I believe if you feed more you'll increase it's metabolism and it'll end of growing faster but dying earlier
I have to agree w/Audax,
For juveniles, I feed them every day, as soon she reaches maturity.
I'd feed her 2-4 days, depending how their abdomen look.
If they are not hungry they will stay in their hammock.
I had an Audax live for 2 years.
I always alternate her feedings from flies, small cricket and small meal worms.
Jumpers love to hunt for their prey.

IMHO best spider to have as pets.

Last edited: