p. antinous adult female??

ornamentalist

Arachnoknight
is this a fully grown female?? i would have thought the legs would have been blue by now were it a male

Last edited:

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It's definitely not a mature male, but you'd need a shot of the underside to be sure of its sex. Assuming you don't have any of its exuvia.

ornamentalist

Arachnoknight
i will try and get 1 when its out next, its actually in pre-moult at tho mo, so i dont want to annoy it. i can sex it when it moults so hopefully it does very soon :) are they rare? iv been told theres not many in england, i paid 75 pounds for it a few months ago

Mez

Arachnoknight
The Spider Shop got a load in a while back, juveniles and adults, im pretty sure they still have juvies at £40 and adults at £80, and 1.1 for £100.
Theyre very nice but as far as i know antonious are one of the more popular/available pamphos over here (though i see P. fortis too), but they are very large and certainly attractive. I just picked up a P. sp. machala juvenile few days ago, seems like theyre fairly rare too.

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
That looks identical to the P. antinous I bought a couple days ago. I was guaranteed that it's a female, and mine too is in premolt so I'm waiting on an exuvium to be completely sure. You got yours for a good price. I paid US$ 150 for mine.

Mez

Arachnoknight
Actually, TSS have them in at £60 for sub adults/adults, not £80.
Id say you paid a bit over the odds, but if its from a retail shop then its about right.