OW T's

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
Im looking into getting another T but i want a OW one this time as i have 2 NW already. I either want another terrestial or Aboreal any recommendation's would be nice.

LisaD

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I think P murinus (aka OBT or Orange Bitey Thing) is a great choice. Small, but lots of attitude, hardy, colorful.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
OBT
H. mac
Any Pokie
H. lividum
Ceratogyrus sp.

There are many many great choices. I've always wanted to get some of the horned baboons. They're pretty cool. You could get some Psalmos, so you can transition over to OW species.

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
Hmmm i have a irminia already who is awsome but is more reclusive then my Pelinobius muticus oddly enough. Ive been trying to find a H.lividum actually and i like H. mac's as well and ive been looking at the Pokies

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Honestly? They're not very easy to come by, but I'd reccomend E. pachypus! They may not be the most brilliantly colored but they're beautiful, and so cute with their fuzzy back legs. :D I also think they make a good transition species because they don't seem to have the same extreme attitude as other OW species. So it's a step into OW with a little attitude, but not the full blast of an enraged OBT!

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
BigJ, Get yourself a P ornata!- if you ultimately want a large pokie. My 3 slings are skittish but I've yet to see a threat pose. I've yet to own one but P rufilata would be another good one in that respect. P regalis would be an excellent choice in terms of color/pattern on the affordables above.

Depending upon how fat the wallet is, P subfusca "lowland" or P metallica might be other good choices. :D

Terry

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
Honestly? They're not very easy to come by, but I'd reccomend E. pachypus! They may not be the most brilliantly colored but they're beautiful, and so cute with their fuzzy back legs. :D I also think they make a good transition species because they don't seem to have the same extreme attitude as other OW species. So it's a step into OW with a little attitude, but not the full blast of an enraged OBT!
Well ive seen my king baboon pretty angry and she charges actually thats how nasty she is. But yeah ive heard and seen a OBT's nature man that is one mean T

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well ive seen my king baboon pretty angry and she charges actually thats how nasty she is. But yeah ive heard and seen a OBT's nature man that is one mean T
I've never owned a KB so I guess I don't really know how they can be. Still, even for someone who's kept OW Ts before and has experience, they're still great Ts, so my recommendation stands. Maybe it's because I'm partial, I love my girl. :D

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
I'll look into this T your talking about :) I really like the Pokies though and a lot of the burrowers

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Pokies are awesome too! :) E. pachypus is a burrowing species. Or...they're....supposed to be. My girl finally dug out a sad excuse for a burrow and just sits in it. :rolleyes:

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
Ive never heard of that before lol your T must have personality then :) My KB stays in her burrow all day then comes out at night. She modified her burrow recently but yeah im looking into this T and the Pokies and some other burrowers.

Londoner

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'd agree with this. Mine is the least defensive of my Africans. I like their look aswell, those bell bottoms look great! {D

OP: If you've got experience with a Psalmo, you shouldn't have any trouble with a Pokie IMO.

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
Yep my Psalmo has been good for learning man they are so fast its amazing. I like the African T's a lot actually although i would like a Asian T.

Londoner

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yep my Psalmo has been good for learning man they are so fast its amazing. I like the African T's a lot actually although i would like a Asian T.
Well, Psalmos are most closely related to the Poecilotheria genus and both are in the subfamily Selenocosmiinae. My Psalmos do seem more willing to stand their ground than my Pokies :D.

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
:D yeah i can they have a lot in common with Pokies for sure mine is a teleporter for sure. I know Pokies have a meaner bite though but they would rather run the fight so its only a last defense. Im thinking of getting a Pokie though or another terriestial

JimM

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
BigJ, Get yourself a P ornata!- if you ultimately want a large pokie. My 3 slings are skittish but I've yet to see a threat pose.
Threat pose is neither here nor there with ornata.
They'll just swing around and tag you, nevermind the threat pose.

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
Threat pose is neither here nor there with ornata.
They'll just swing around and tag you, nevermind the threat pose.
I like those to ornata are really beautiful T's but ive seen what their bite is like ouch. My KB is nasty but ive never gotten tagged by her yet i try to keep my distance even with the suntiger.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Im looking into getting another T but i want a OW one this time as i have 2 NW already. I either want another terrestial or Aboreal any recommendation's would be nice.
Hmmm i have a irminia already who is awsome but is more reclusive then my Pelinobius muticus oddly enough. Ive been trying to find a H.lividum actually and i like H. mac's as well and ive been looking at the Pokies
Im not sure why no one has pointed this out.. But.. You do not have 2 NW T's..

The P. muticus.. Is an OW tarantula..

JimM

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I like those to ornata are really beautiful T's but ive seen what their bite is like ouch. My KB is nasty but ive never gotten tagged by her yet i try to keep my distance even with the suntiger.
In 25 years of keeping T's off and on, I've never taken a bite from any T.
I treat the pokeys as if they're deadly, with the same respect I'd give a Temple Viper. Doing so, I don't become complacent, and I don' ever get bit.

Bites happen for one reason and one reason only - complacency.