OW gift ideas

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Hi all,
No, the OW isn't going to be for me. (I'm a wuss, remember?) *g* Anywho, I'm wondering what Old Worlder would be a good idea for my friend. She already has a P. regalis, and a King Baboon. Any ideas?

Peace,
Gillian

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Since this is a gift thing, try to decide what fits her best? If I wanted to give an OW T to someone, it'd be a burrower (since most of my friends are relusive and very good looking people :)) I'd say C. fimbriatus, or the ever popular H. lividum. Colorful, challenging, and full of additude.

Bill

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hey, I think an Usambar Baboon would be a good choice. I have a Usambar Baboon s'ling and a H. aureopilosum sling, and right now, I think that the Baboon is easier to manage. Plus it doesn't burrow. Plus it will make some awesome webs when it gets bigger. The Haplopelmas are gorgeous when they aren't in their burrows. Besides, with the King Baboon, she already has a burrower. Of course, with the Regalis, she already has a webber. I still say Usambar (or both)!

Good Luck
Big Dragonfly

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

hey gillian, i'd say go with poecilotheria ornata, venezualion suntiger, malaysian earth tiger , or Haplopelma schmidti all super awesome t's in my opinion but kinda costly, togo ornamental is another i would go with awesome looking and don't cost to much even for a sub-adult--Jeff

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Re: re

Originally posted by Weapon-X
hey gillian, i'd say go with poecilotheria ornata, venezualion suntiger, malaysian earth tiger , or Haplopelma schmidti all super awesome t's in my opinion but kinda costly, togo ornamental is another i would go with awesome looking and don't cost to much even for a sub-adult--Jeff
Yeah, after I went through your post on Malaysian Earth Tigers, I think that I'm gonna put it on my list. They still are a bit pricy for my wallet though. Gorgeous definately!

Big Dragonfly

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
As I always must do I will stress how great an H maculata is.

Chris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I must admit I am enjoying my H. Gigas

It is spunky but not as crazy as I expected it to be. Very nice looking spider too considering how plain the colours are... I can't wait for the molt to see what they look like fresh (no matter how good a camera is... it never does justice to in person viewing)